going to prison

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Is it such a big deal? considering some of the things people do these days, going to prison used to be the ultimate deterrent, i don't think that's the case and doing the time is worth the risk for the crime, yes you lose your right of freedom of movement but everything is laid on for you in prison, it's not exactly hard labour is it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well looks like bianca is on here way ther again

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
For me it's a massive deal, having a criminal record and being inside. I couldn't think of much worse. But for degenerates that don't have much of a life outside of petty crime I'd have thought they have it pretty easy...

Sooty the Thief

Oct 3, 2009
I've served 2 stints in prison, 8 months and 15 months and believe me i hated every second. The biggest thing is the boredom. 23 hours in a cell with no TV or Playstation (regardless of what the Daily Mail try to tell you). I witnessed beatings on a daily basis by the gangs which operate in every prison and also the screws who would pick on anyone they liked. You get let out your pit of a cell for 1 hour a day where you went into an area full of nutters who were all spoiling for a fight with anyone who glanced in their direction. Oh and the food was shit too. It was a massive deterrent for me to stop attempting te be a gangster, yes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've served 2 stints in prison, 8 months and 15 months and believe me i hated every second. [...]It was a massive deterrent for me to stop attempting te be a gangster, yes.

hmmm... but the first 8 mth weren't a deterent :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is it such a big deal? considering some of the things people do these days, going to prison used to be the ultimate deterrent, i don't think that's the case and doing the time is worth the risk for the crime, yes you lose your right of freedom of movement but everything is laid on for you in prison, it's not exactly hard labour is it?
You are 14 years old and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Go back to discussing boy bands, and leave the grown up stuff alone.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd imagine it's a fairly hostile place to be where inmates try to gain some respect from each other by humiliating others and trying to control them. I wouldn't wanna be inside!

D

Deleted member 18477

You drop the soap... You get bummed! Or so I'm led to believe. That is enough to make me be a good boy.

Oct 2, 2008
Friend of mine was recently released from a 15 month stretch. Absoloute hell and ,having listened to his story , I challenge anyone who says its not a deterrent...by the way he was in an open prison for most of it so god knows what a mainstream prison is ilke..

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
For me it's a massive deal, having a criminal record and being inside. I couldn't think of much worse. But for degenerates that don't have much of a life outside of petty crime I'd have thought they have it pretty easy...

Yeah your right if you don't have much to live for on the outside then being banged up is not a bad option, a mates relative is in and out of prison for petty crimes. it's just a way of life, a mate of mine is being released soon from a long stretch in belmarsh im looking forward to seeing what effect it has had on him.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
In the past i have witnessed multi millionaires go through the Prison system.
It did not change them.
They are now worth considerably more than when they had free bed & board paid for by the rest of us.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Open prison is one thing - but do not underestimate the higher categories. It is not a holiday camp.

I regularly used to visit a category B prison for my job and can confirm the regime inside is hard and has a forboding atmosphere which most punters would blanch at. You can often sense the tension from hundreds of inmates banged up for hours on end and a significant number of them have drug problems, life threatening illnesses and psychological issues. Thats before you encounter the hospital wing and others who are under suicide / self harm watch. I have a lot of admiration for the staff coping with that day and night.

It wouldn't do any harm for young offenders at risk of a custodial sentence to get 24 hours 'work experience' inside just to give them a taste of what awaits, maybe a few might just think again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports