Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Charlton

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Drinking in Blackheath

Likewise. Any reccomendations as was planning on Greenwich but can't be bothered to mess about now?
Edit: have read the rest of the thread now so no worries

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
T'was going to be my pub of choice before I found out about the train service (or lack of)
As FatAddick says there is nothing in Lewisham. There never, ever was a decent pub there so don't bother now.

That was our choice as well but sadly not now due to train issues

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Likewise. Any reccomendations as was planning on Greenwich but can't be bothered to mess about now?
Edit: have read the rest of the thread now so no worries

The Hare & Billet apparently

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will people be getting lairy and above their station in the away end again:rolleyes: ,used to be a half decent awayday now just seems like a lot of happy clappy london day trippers ,and all the crap at the station with noddys shouting at each other from across the platforms:shrug:
regards
DR

How would you know?

Bognorblue

Nov 6, 2011
Sorry if mentioned elsewhere. Is Charlton allocated seating in the away end or turn up and take your pick. Especially as looks like we are allowed to stand and there will be lots of kids?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Sorry if mentioned elsewhere. Is Charlton allocated seating in the away end or turn up and take your pick. Especially as looks like we are allowed to stand and there will be lots of kids?

Pick the block in front of the disabled supporters if you want to sit.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
No-one seems to have mentioned The Pelton Arms north of the Woolwich Road in Greenwich. A number of different beers when I was in there. Introduced to it after a tour of the Meantime Brewery. 'Nine Below Zero' were on stage.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Is it the Liberal club, or Labour club, (surely not tory club???) just down the road from the ground?
Run by a big ******* of a Millwall fan, but top bloke, mostly home fans but away friendly and always a good laugh, ( almost pulled in there a couple of years back, so can't be all bad....)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Is it the Liberal club, or Labour club, (surely not tory club???) just down the road from the ground?
Run by a big ******* of a Millwall fan, but top bloke, mostly home fans but away friendly and always a good laugh, ( almost pulled in there a couple of years back, so can't be all bad....)

Two cubs near each other, not sure which parties, pay a quid to get in, cheap beer and friendly.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
That's the one! ( whichever one it is...)

Pretty sure the Conservative Club closed down a few months ago. The adjacent Liberal Club is still going (and is where the clique from the main Charlton message board drink) - theoretically it's home fans only, but there's often an away contingent in there.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I remember losing my phone in there match day a couple of years ago,(unknowingly), got a roundabout call from the landlord the next day saying it was there.
All trains were cancelled from Worthing so had to bus it up there and back, but he kept us in for in a lock in, about a 14hr round trip but a most enjoyable day, ( Boring story I know, but you had to be there.....)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here