Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going rate for Estate Agent fee

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I am in the same boat.
Have seen King & Chasemore and Henry Adams so far.
One was 1.675% amd the other was 1.75%.
Could really do with nearer 1%

It always puzzles me why so many people get hung up on fees before they even know what they have sold their property for ??

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It always puzzles me why so many people get hung up on fees before they even know what they have sold their property for ??

What puzzles me is why people don't make agents 'work' to get YOU a higher price, which I've done on my last two...ie if you want 500k but would take 480k pay them 2% if they get 500k, 1.5% if they get 490k, 1% 480k or lower. This will stop them driving you down to a level you both know you will take and, in effect being on the buyers side, when it was you that employed them

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Goldin Lemcke at the top of St. Aubyns in Hove. Only charged 1% really well treated too.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My estate agent in Worthing is costing me £3300 flat rate inclusive of VAT and solictors fees. All told I guess that's just below 1.2% ish

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The going rate in Horsham seems to range from 1.25% to 1.75% as a lowest rate but as someone above said differeing rates dependant on sale price are also very common.

Thankfully we have part exchanged our house on a new build witht he developer so no fees to pay.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I'm paying 1.25% - but this is not bad because it was a sliding scale agreement - for that money they have over-achieved my expected sales price. Seems a good idea to incentivise the agent to work harder for a top price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here