Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going for a Burton

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Another sad loner going up on the train £37.60 return with my disabled card, anybody want to be my carer lol?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Coopers' Tavern, Devonshire Arms?

Bingo. But just before them when walking from the T/Lodge there is now a micropub. Nice selection when I was last there a few months back.
Also three Indian restaurants with no liquor license so take your pint from any pub.
Also I was told of a micro pub/brewery within the car park of the T/Lodge but it took me three visits before I found it. No signs up outside but a rack of 12 ales inside!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Standing tickets purchased!

Train tip- I normally end up booking the train from whatever London station and then get a Travelcard for the Brighton to/from London bit. As that seems to work out loads cheaper than just booking tickets from Brighton.

Doing this and picking up advance singles Euston to Burton was £10, coming back £16.50, and a Travelcard is £12.50 if you use a Networkcard. £39 total.

Cheapest I can find for similar times booking tickets from Brighton to Burton (same route) is £74!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The streets near the ground and train station are red bricked and look the most northern imaginable. There's a great bar underneath the away end but if you prefer a traditional pub then there's one by a busy roundabout, ten minutes from the ground. Also a couple more on the way from the station. Burton town centre has a fair amount of pubs but it's quality over quantity considering their nickname's the Brewers.

Always a great away day when I went there with Barnet which was usually at the end of the season where they had to win and generally did. Great to be on a packed terrace where there was a surge when they scored.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Standing tickets purchased!

Train tip- I normally end up booking the train from whatever London station and then get a Travelcard for the Brighton to/from London bit. As that seems to work out loads cheaper than just booking tickets from Brighton.

Doing this and picking up advance singles Euston to Burton was £10, coming back £16.50, and a Travelcard is £12.50 if you use a Networkcard. £39 total.

Cheapest I can find for similar times booking tickets from Brighton to Burton (same route) is £74!

Also saved a load by booking London to Birmingham and then Birmingham to Burton thus using single rail company's each time. It makes the journey longer but more time for on route drinking!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Second ticket purchased so my Wife can enjoy her first away game with me since.......... may be Wembley '83.
Hotel booked for an enjoyable drinking weekend.
Surprised with only 1300 tickets that it had not sold out prior to general release.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Me + 2. The East (Russell Roof) stand is the terrace, right?

Yep though i thought it was called the Corrs light or something

Looking forward to ticking this ground of the list.

You will love it , it's a good old style type of ground much like brentford away end minus the upper deck , deserves a good old jump around .

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
There had better be atleast one ticket left when they go on general sale next week; I can't miss a game that's only a 20 minute drive away :nono:

Ticket secured this morning without any hassle, needn't have worried. I'm sure that's a weight off all your minds too :thumbsup:

Anyone in the know on how many we've sold?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Groovy gang going, get in there 4 of us

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'll be there. Not been since 2005 when they lost at home 1-0 to Worksop Town in an FA Trophy game, how times change!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ticket secured this morning without any hassle, needn't have worried. I'm sure that's a weight off all your minds too :thumbsup:

Anyone in the know on how many we've sold?

Not ITK but considering we had 1300 at Derby a similar (ish) number seems likely. Just enough for a bit of a surge down the terracing when Stephens scores the 89th minute winner. :D

Looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here