Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going backwards in every respect

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I honestly believe we will make at least four signings including one or two that will blow us away and maybe a couple of loan signings after that but I think we will lose CMS and Buckley in the process.

Where the club has gone wrong in my opinion is not getting another couple in before the start of the season, even with decent signings I think we will struggle to make the playoffs this season and the points dropped before the end of the month could of made all the difference.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Those games were with complete squads and bedded in managers. If you're happy to play Calde left wingback, Fenelon "somewhere advanced" and JFC as a holding midfielder, carry on. Sami isn't.

All the more awful then that we were outclassed with "complete squads and bedded in managers" at the time of those shocking home performances.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
How does anyone know that all the contenders have got all their targets. We know Boro are still pursuing at least one. Yes, it would be good if we had in place what we wanted but every club, from Man City down to the basement of League 2, will be pursuing targets right up until 31st August. The point I'm making is that we know the club are not going to throw money at signings just to please a few bedwetters. We know how hard the club negotiate, look at the deal for Ulloa. Never worth the money Leicester paid but it seems some would have accepted a considerably lower sum just because they were getting annoyed with the whole saga. Like you, I would rather all our business had been done before the start of the season but it wasn't, it never is.

With regard to late signings, can someone remind on what date we signed Vicente? Ulloa came in the January window rather than the preceding August.

So you would be happy to run with a strikeforce of COG, CMS and Fenelon until January when we will have sourced a replacement for Ulloa using the above example? The 8m for him will only prove to be a decent price if the squad is bolstered accordingly including a striker and right now we are a miles away from having anything near a decent squad. We are 5 players short and time running out so I would suggest that our hand in negotiations becomes weaker with other clubs as our need become greater and hope that our hard stance in dealing with inbound transfers doesn't leave us badly exposed come 31st August.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So you would be happy to run with a strikeforce of COG, CMS and Fenelon until January when we will have sourced a replacement for Ulloa using the above example? The 8m for him will only prove to be a decent price if the squad is bolstered accordingly including a striker and right now we are a miles away from having anything near a decent squad. We are 5 players short and time running out so I would suggest that our hand in negotiations becomes weaker with other clubs as our need become greater and hope that our hard stance in dealing with inbound transfers doesn't leave us badly exposed come 31st August.

Where did I say I was happy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here