Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

God Floods Lourdes

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh yeah i hear you shout another god related thread

not content with killing 250,000 on the boxing day tsunami God has a weekend crack at drowning some of his most fervent followers

BBC News - Pilgrims evacuated as French floods hit Lourdes shrine

Hundreds of Roman Catholic pilgrims have been evacuated from the sanctuary of Lourdes in France after heavy flooding in the area.

The Gave de Pau river burst its banks after days of rain, flooding campsites around the shrine and parts of the southern city itself.

Lourdes is famous for what many Roman Catholics believe was a vision of the Virgin Mary by a local girl in 1858.

Millions of pilgrims from around the world visit the shrine each year.
'Worst in 40 years'

More than 450 pilgrims, including the sick and disabled, were evacuated from the area by Saturday, local officials say.

However, the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception itself - situated on higher ground - has not suffered any damage, officials say.

"I've seen nothing like it in 40 years," hotel owner Pierre Barrere was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.

Meteorologists warn that the rain - which has been falling since Thursday - is likely to continue until at least Sunday.

The sanctuary is the name given to the central area of the Lourdes pilgrimage site, which is home to 22 places of worship.

It was founded after 14-year-old peasant girl Bernadette Soubirous claimed to have witnessed a series of visions in a cave.

Since then, many people suffering illness or infirmity claim to have been miraculously cured by spring water coming from the sanctuary.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
My Dad's cousin caught flu at Lourdes and died from it

It is just the cross he had to wear from God. He moves in mysterious ways, just accept it. Never ever question GOD.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Dear Religion.

Recently I dropped a man from 24 miles up let him fall at 800 mph and land safely on earth

Recently you shot a little girl in the face for wanting to go to school.

Yours.

Science.

He moves in mysterious ways.

funny-flowchart-3.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here