Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goals in 2023

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
According to the BBC website:

Brighton have scored 98 goals in 48 matches in all competitions during 2023, failing to score in just three games. The Seagulls have only hit 100+ goals in one calendar year in their history, back in 1955 when they managed 118

Hopefully, another 2 or more tomorrow to get to 100. That would be phenomenal. And could we score 20 in the next 5 games? Unlikely I know.

Anyway, favourite goal of the 98 so far?

There have been so many great team goals and individual efforts it is actually hard to choose one.

For me honourable mentions to Gross for his volley against Wolves, although Undav's chip in that game was fantastic as well.
There may be recency bias, but the Hinshelwood goal is special because of who he is and his celebration afterwards.
But the winner I think is Enciso against Chelsea, a screamer, and the winner against THEM (and yes I know the Man City goal was technically better, but this is about favourite, not necessarily best.)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
For me, Pedro’s penalty in Marseille - not only the way he kept his cool in the midst of the cacophonous whistling, but for the amazing scenes it sparked in the away end, and post-match (broom-handle guy, etc). Also - more importantly - it announced our arrival in Europe and set us on our way to qualifying for the knockout stages.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The two Enciso rockets were special, but so were the mazy dribbles from Mitoma and Adingra.

Absolute best for me, is Groß at Old Trafford - it involved every outfield player in a brilliant 30-odd pass move, and finished beautifully by Pascal, after a sensational swivel of the hips sat the last man on the floor. Sublime.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gross volley against Southampton was amazing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought we were doing 2022/23? No?

Hmm disallowed twice then - That is unlucky- bloody VAR mods 😂
According to the BBC website:

Brighton have scored 98 goals in 48 matches in all competitions during 2023, failing to score in just three games. The Seagulls have only hit 100+ goals in one calendar year in their history, back in 1955 when they managed 118

Anyway, favourite goal of the 98 so far?
:whistle:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just had a quick count up.

Anyone want to guess how many goals palace have scored in the same time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bet it didn't take you too long! Give us a clue, did you have to use your toes as well as your fingers?
I'll 'higher and lower' until I get bored.

But remember they scored 5 at Leeds and 4 v West Ham.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
For me, Pedro’s penalty in Marseille - not only the way he kept his cool in the midst of the cacophonous whistling, but for the amazing scenes it sparked in the away end, and post-match (broom-handle guy, etc). Also - more importantly - it announced our arrival in Europe and set us on our way to qualifying for the knockout stages.
Sends shivers down the spine. One of my favourite away days ever if not THE favourite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here