[Albion] Goalkeeping performances against us this season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There have been some proper world class performances haven't there?

Pope, Raya, Pickford. I'm sure a few others.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There have been some proper world class performances haven't there?

Pope, Raya, Pickford. I'm sure a few others.
Pope is pretty rubbish with his feet too. Pickford was good yesterday and Shirley will leave if they go down..... Raya is the keeper I'd love, good with feet, great with gloves...... he wouldn't come though would he, unless maybe European football?

If we go for another keeper, odds are its someone we've never heard of.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pope is pretty rubbish with his feet too. Pickford was good yesterday and Shirley will leave if they go down..... Raya is the keeper I'd love, good with feet, great with gloves...... he wouldn't come though would he, unless maybe European football?

I was more making the point that several keepers seem to have reserved some very good performances for their trip to the Amex.

Many of those same keepers have had proper shockers in other games.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Raya is suspect from distance, but he's Ok

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
As bad as last night was Pickford made about 3 or 4 top class saves that others might not have. Could have been a very frantic last 10 minutes if a couple of them had gone in.
His time-wasting, from about minute three, was exasperating. And that thing he does when he catches a ball and then falls forward even though there's no reason to go over drives me nuts. Mind you, most keepers do that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just think there's some really excellent GKs in this league.
And they never make howlers against us at the Amex, but next game they sometimes do :shrug:

Anyone remember the howlers keepers have had against us at the Amex?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As bad as last night was Pickford made about 3 or 4 top class saves that others might not have. Could have been a very frantic last 10 minutes if a couple of them had gone in.
That's how it sounded listening to Johnny and Warren on MyAlbionTV.

'Twas always the way - well, often anyway - even back in the Hughton days in the PL.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think it's a bit unfair on Pickford to consider ourselves unlucky that he made a load of good saves last night. He's a really good keeper and will almost certainly go to a top-half Premier League team if Everton go down.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Definitely some “how the hell did he save that” moments last night. Didn’t enjoy all his time wasting though.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
And they never make howlers against us at the Amex, but next game they sometimes do :shrug:

Villa for starters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Not quite in the howler category, but I think that the goal that March scored against Palace would've been saved by most keepers. We were quite lucky that that was literally the first shot at goal that their young keeper had faced in his senior career.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sa was poor.

But generally, we've seen some magnificent keeping especially at home this season.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Don't remember Pope, and I thought Raya's saves were overblown a bit. He made a lot but most of them seemed quite routine to me. Pickford though was ridiculous. At least 2 saves of the season there.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
His time-wasting, from about minute three, was exasperating. And that thing he does when he catches a ball and then falls forward even though there's no reason to go over drives me nuts. Mind you, most keepers do that.
I can't really explain it – and it drives the Bobkin Jnrs MAD – but that's possibly the most entertaining thing about football for me. I think because of the complete absurdity of it. Last night, Pickers even took a few steps and then dropped dramatically to the floor with the ball :lolol: What a berk!

The (more obvious) time-wasting by keepers can get tae fack though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought Pickford showed last night why he is England’s number 1.

some of those saves were world class and I really do believe that if that would have been any other keeper we would have got something from that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports