Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goalkeeper

Revelation

Jul 3, 2015
All the best keepers go out on loan first in order to get game time look at

Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, John Ruddy & Thibaut Courtois

If Brighton can find a team for Walton that can offer 1st team football rather than bench warming then it would be good for his career and for Brighton as a whole.
But equally we need a back up keeper that will challenge Stockdale for his position – otherwise we are in for another season of howlers which will cost us points!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We're following what Birmingham did with Jack Butland, he went on loan to Cheltenham in League 2 to be first choice and to get thaf year of experience. Joe Hart played a full 46 game season for Shrewsbury before Man City snapped him up. I think loaning Walton to a League 2 side for a season makes perfect sense, but I wouldn't be opposed to him being our first choice.

This. Great prospect and if on loan we need to make sure we keep close to him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But equally we need a back up keeper that will challenge Stockdale for his position – otherwise we are in for another season of howlers which will cost us points!

How about Jussi Jaaskelainen although 40 rears old still an able cover for DS? Or as I suggested Paul Robinson a free agent and only 36.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
When I saw him play he looked very nervous with under pressure back passes, particularly on his left foot. He really needs competitive experience to become more confident with his feet. Other than that he looks a very sound keeper.

I thought he was left footed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here