Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goalkeeper

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Kuszczak was an amazing shot-stopper, with good positional sense and, as you say, great reflexes. His distribution was dire, however, so the question is: what's Niki's distribution like?

Agreed, as well as kicking I want a keeper that can throw the ball 40-50 yards accurately. On the assumption we are planning the quick transition from back to front, seeing a keeper collect a cross then immediately throw the ball 40-50 yards to a sprinting buckley or lua lua would be rather good.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agreed, as well as kicking I want a keeper that can throw the ball 40-50 yards accurately. On the assumption we are planning the quick transition from back to front, seeing a keeper collect a cross then immediately throw the ball 40-50 yards to a sprinting buckley or lua lua would be rather good.

I agree with all you say, but it's not just that. When defenders passed the ball back to him, he never exuded calm, because he was never fully in control, probably because he doubted his own ability with his feet. This means that defenders don't trust him, and position themselves deeper which has add-on effects on the midfield, etc. And all of this slows down the quick transition from defence to attack, which Hyypia has rightly identified as what we need to improve on.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
298126_214057131984706_8363563_n.jpg

This guy will be cheap but wages will be an Issue I would suspect. :facepalm:

Hey, hey, any bloke who can make saves like that without a head gets my vote !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here