Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goalkeeper situation

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
With Sanchez doing a Trossard and throwing his gloves out of the pram which looks to me he's a gonner in the summer, we're going to need a backup for Steele.

Tom McGills got no PL experience, 23 yrs old and contract ends in June. I assume he'll sign a new contract but be 3rd choice?

I'd feel happier if we brought in another keeper that can play RDZball and has a bit of top flight experience to push Steeley (who has been very good)

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
A Liverpool-supporting friend of mine seems pretty sure we're getting Kelleher. Personally I'm filing that under "believe it when I see it", but he could, as they say, "do a job".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assumed Giant Dutch Lad would be next season's #2.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Unless the “giant Dutch lad” has come on a pace in his loan out, signing a keeper and getting rid of Sanchez is a priority. You can’t have a keeper that gets a strop if he is dropped, it happens to them all at some time. There are plenty of decent ones in the league

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A Liverpool-supporting friend of mine seems pretty sure we're getting Kelleher. Personally I'm filing that under "believe it when I see it", but he could, as they say, "do a job".
Judging by Kelleher's performance against Saints. I'd say he failed the audition! File under 'dear God, I hope not!'

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Judging by Kelleher's performance against Saints. I'd say he failed the audition! File under 'dear God, I hope not!'
A bit harsh, Matip and Gomez were playing in their flip-flops and gave him zero protection.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was going to say the same. He was far too easily beaten for first two goals in particular; even Shearer commented that he should be doing better.

I hope we get a new first-choice keeper. Whilst Steele is very good at playing out, he doesn’t fill me with confidence on the goalkeeping side of things.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
From De Zerbi’s comments the other day about wanting to help Steele get an England call up it sounds like there’s no rush to get another keeper in…

But if we were planning to anytime soon then one goalkeeper we should be tracking is Yehvann Diouf - he’s exactly the type that RDZ would want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here