[Albion] Goal of the Season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Wasn't a contest last season but very very hard this year.

Mitoma against Wolves will I expect probably win. But so many other belters. FB's against Sheff Utd, Joao Pedro against Palace, both of Pervis', any of Welbeck's.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mitoma by a distance.

There are some others that feature a great move and a great finish (Joao v Palace, Joao v Marseilles), and some that are just a terrific strike (Welbeck v Roma, Buonanotte at Sheffield Utd) - but any professional footballer has it in them to strike the occasional ball into the top corner. Very, very few can do what Mitoma did.

There is actually only one goal that rivals it, for me, and astonishingly, it isn't on the list :shrug: 30 pass move (seven of them by Groß himself, before a sublime dummy and finish):

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Mitoma by a distance.

There are some others that feature a great move and a great finish (Joao v Palace, Joao v Marseilles), and some that are just a terrific strike (Welbeck v Roma, Buonanotte at Sheffield Utd) - but any professional footballer has it in them to strike the occasional ball into the top corner. Very, very few can do what Mitoma did.

There is actually only one goal that rivals it, for me, and astonishingly, it isn't on the list :shrug: 30 pass move (seven of them by Groß himself, before a sublime dummy and finish):

Thought of this very goal while watching the video too.

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
What really stands out is how many of these goals were the result of taking a really quick (unexpected) strike, rather than the temptation in the latter part of the season to faff about, take 2-3 more extra touches and try and walk it in. That's maybe a confidence thing, but it's really noticeable how instinctive a lot of these goals are.

Mitoma's goal is sheer class. Facu's Sheff. Utd strike gets better every time I watch it.. and Pedro's Marseille and Palace goals makes the ol' hairs stand out on the neck. Also... with all our injuries - thank God we had Welbeck fit for most of the season.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Has to be Mitoma's. An individual work of genius.

2nd place, Pedro's Vs Palace, wonderful move and finish. And celebration:timmy:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Mitoma's is the best but I love Hinshelwood lashing it in, in front of the North Stand and his sheer joy!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought before I watched the video I'd pick Mitoma against Wolves, now I don't know. It's between that and Pedro's goals against Palace and Marseille (h). The video doesn't do either goal justice though in showing the great build up play. If i remember correctly the goal against Palace came at the end of about 30 passes and Palace chasing shadows, the final pass for both goals are absolutely sublime.
I see where you're coming from but the move that I liked best was the one leading up to Pascal's finish against Man Utd which, bizarrely in my view, hasn't been selected in the long list.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I thought before I watched the video I'd pick Mitoma against Wolves, now I don't know. It's between that and Pedro's goals against Palace and Marseille (h). The video doesn't do either goal justice though in showing the great build up play. If i remember correctly the goal against Palace came at the end of about 30 passes and Palace chasing shadows, the final pass for both goals are absolutely sublime.
I'm the same.

I think technically the Mitoma goal is the best (it's how I imagine the mythical Nelson goal away at Brentford was like) but I just love the two Pedro goals, for the occasions and for the celebrations as much as the quality.

All three will go down in folklore I reckon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Mitoma by a distance.

These are an OUTSTANDING goal.

:goal:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Mitoma's should win but I really like Mr Goodnights 2nd goal in his trio of goals I'd forgotten he'd scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports