Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal of the season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My goals of the seaosn would be Kayal v Huddersfield, and Lualua v Forest would be in contention.

On the video I would go for Bobby Z breakaway goal.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Quite how Kayal's against Huddersfield (which would be my pick for GOTS) isn't on there but Van La Parra's lucky goal against QPR (albeit from a long way out) is, is beyond me.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Quite how Kayal's against Huddersfield (which would be my pick for GOTS) isn't on there but Van La Parra's lucky goal against QPR (albeit from a long way out) is, is beyond me.
Yeah, really not sure how Kayal's goal at Hudders has been left out, nor Murphy's superb one-touch team move at Reading. An element of recency bias going on there I think.

For me it's got to be Hemed vs Bolton, marginally ahead of Bobby's similarly wonderful breakaway goal and Wilson's weaving run and poked finish.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Have voted bobby v hudds. Not easy to get that contact on the ball when a) its your first touch b) you´re stretching out for it, and most of all c) you've just made a lung busting run from the edge of your own six yard box where you started the move.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Depends whether you like sheer power and distance, or great build-up play and teamwork.

Personally, it has to be Hemed's against Bolton. Knockaert's pace has left me out of breath just watching him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
March v Franchise was the best individual strike for me but goal of the season has to be Bobby and has to be v Hudds. Would be special for Bobby to win an award in his final year with us (you'd assume). Seems you can vote as many times as you like as don't have to log in or anything - not that I have btw - I believe in democracy ;)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
March's thunderbolt. How that skinny little lad can hit the ball so hard is amazing. 25 yards out and the keeper doesn't have time to react.

The Hemed goal was a really great team effort, with Knockys driving run and Bobbys cute lay off.

Bobbys goal when running the length of the pitch was a superb effort too.

I really don't mind which goal wins it, I'd probably go for Solly but they are all good.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hemed V Bolton or Bobby V Hudds. Both make the interception that gives us posession for the start of the move.

We could have another award for best back heel assist too.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Hemed against Bolton, due in no small part to Bobby's little flick back. Otherwise it would be Bobby against Huddersfield for me. But special mention has to be made of the common denominator - Knockaert who can be unplayable.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've been a bit spoiled this year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After tonight's game, this has been extended to include tonight's goals. Follow the link.

[tweet]722553181138513921[/tweet]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still want Bobby v Hudds so he wins something in his final year here :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here