• Yes, stop players hugging etc.

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • No, let them celebrate how they like

Votes: 95 64.2%

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why are churches still open for communal worship?

Whataboutery this if you want but lots of old people indoors, untested versus regularly tested people outdoors who are all over each other at every corner and free kick anyway?

:mad:
You mean you didn't know the power of prayer is better than any vaccine? [emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Utter f**king nonsense, you can’t socially distance on the coach to games, in the changing rooms, showers, I thought football clubs were essentially being treated as ‘bubbles’?

Let’s make them all where those giant clear spheres whilst playing as well.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Back in the day, Jimmy Greaves used to tap them in and accept the merest hint of a handshake from his teammates. All a bit over the top these days. It's what they're paid for after all.:whistle:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Whataboutery this if you want but lots of old people indoors, untested versus regularly tested people outdoors who are all over each other at every corner and free kick anyway?

Not very communal with a two metre distance and a face covering :shrug:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Anyone else getting frustrated by the sharp haircuts in the Premier League. Timo Werner and Jack Harrison either have very talented girlfriends or are clearly breaking the rules.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is all about deflection, and I’m not talking about Trossards cross that hit the bar.

It’s about deflecting from the Government overseeing the highest death rate from Covid per capita in the World.
It’s about having an economy going into free fall,
It’s about the absolute shambles that is the Brexit deal.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
It's a contact sport, they share a changing room. They're all spitting on and rolling around on the same pitch, heading and handling the same ball.

I suppose the FA could enforce a 'celebrate alone' policy, but it wouldn't really make any difference because of the above.

Elite football is one of the few industries where all staff get covid testing twice a week. Just a politician having a pop at football for some reason.

When I see footballers celebrating with hugs etc it drives me nuts - more so when you see them spitting every 20 seconds. No need for any of it. They MAY get regularly tested but we know that many players are breaking lockdown rules and catching/spreading covid. It appears that most of them are playing on without sanction. We are constantly being told that footballers are role models. About time they started behaving like role models instead of entitled brats. The impressionable ape people like this and if their behaviour is excused as being naturally instinctive and therefore ok, that gives the green light to almost anything which many of the general population will follow. Perception is everything. Here is a group of so called 'elite' sportsman visibly and constantly setting a very poor example to others, risking both their and others health. If my wife and I cannot drive 5 miles to a golf course and play golf together without seeing or speaking to anyone because it is too risky, how is it unreasonable to expect footballers to appreciate the privileged position they are in and behave in the manner we are asking the rest of society to?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If an MP is going to have a go at footballers, surely they should be saying that footballers should stick to the laws on Covid outside of the football bubble, and not go to parties or round to their mates crashing their Range Rovers.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It’s all designed to deflect the burden of blame.

The press is chock full of scientists “warning” about this and “warning” about that. It passes the responsibility to us to follow the rules - that way it’s not the Government’s fault if everyone gets COVID. It’s easy to frighten people into staying at home using others as an example.

This is just another element of that. We don’t need idiot, point scoring, hypocritical politicians to tell us what to do. We get it. If anything, it’s going to make people worse....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think they should be sensible. I understand all of the arguments abou football being a contact sport so the risks are no more. Some of our politicians and media outlets are very happy to find a scapegoat and there are plenty of stupid people willing to buy the narrative - don't give them the opportunity.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

With the utmost respect GB, not all are.

For example, this morning Bishop Hannington church in Hove reverted back to online streamed Sunday services following a PCC meeting on Tuesday.

Since the previous lockdown ended, it had been holding regular morning and evening services.

That said, the services featured 2m distancing, masks, no singing, online booking of places to ascertain attendees, sanitiser on entry/exit and windows open!

Having attended over the last 4 months, I can confirm that it was very safe with around 25 max people in a well ventilated building with a very high roof.

Nevertheless, the decision was taken to go back online for now with cases rising and a considerate, neighbour-loving and sacrificial attitude in mind.

At the present time, it seems to be the right thing to do, at least for us.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Being that the players are grabbing, sweating and tackling each other for over 1.5hrs during the game, I have no problem with Premier League players celebrating with each other after a goal.

The players are tested pre game, so in theory they should all be COVID negative.

If there is a concern with players celebrating together, then they shouldn't be playing, full stop. There is far more contact during the game than a hug and high five after a goal.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s all designed to deflect the burden of blame.

The press is chock full of scientists “warning” about this and “warning” about that. It passes the responsibility to us to follow the rules - that way it’s not the Government’s fault if everyone gets COVID. It’s easy to frighten people into staying at home using others as an example.

This is just another element of that. We don’t need idiot, point scoring, hypocritical politicians to tell us what to do. We get it. If anything, it’s going to make people worse....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Covid is spread by contact between people. It’s not the Government’s fault if everyone gets Covid. By definition it is because of more contact between people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here