Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Go left go right go pick up your step go left go right go left .... 🎶

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It does seem to be one that divides opinion. I really like it, and normally when a song divides opinion I'm slightly on the against side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was sung regularly in block H at Withdean, and started in the North Stand at the Amex, but then a few people started moaning about it, the rival singing group tried to start another chant to drown it out, so it was almost forgotten.

Pretty much stopped when The Judge stopped going. We chatted about it yesterday when we heard it - couldn’t hear the ‘leader’ at all - never a problem when Judge was leading it :lolol:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Ditto, everyone stopped and said “Judge” when it was ringing out yesterday. Miss him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People moan about swearing and with one person leading the swearing, Judge was singled out with this song and probably banned due to Tarquin, Aubergina and Flymo’s parents complaining.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I was at the Amex one day probably 6ish years ago, and Judge was battered, and got into some trouble on a train back from Falmer to Brighty. He was a bit, ahem, assertive with his comments when challenged by officialdom that day.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Forgive me if I’ve missed something really obvious, but why are so many people against this song? I’ve always thought it sounds really good, is there a political or historical reason for its lack of popularity?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I loved it in the ‘70s, as I did any songs that included Wardy in there somewhere.

I think I remember another verse that would gain less approval these days …….something like….

‘If you come from Brighton town
Get your ******* ******* down’

Or maybe it’s just my declining memory….

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Forgive me if I’ve missed something really obvious, but why are so many people against this song? I’ve always thought it sounds really good, is there a political or historical reason for its lack of popularity?

Didn’t seem to be many not joining in yday

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pork and apple pie

Hit me in the eye

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Absolutely incredible rendition of this song in the away end yesterday!!!

One of the best Albion songs in my opinion and makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

One of the only songs left that we sing loud AND slow!

This song should be done at least twice per half of every away game!

Yes I did heat that rabble singing it, bloody amazing acoustics that Watford stadium has :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Never liked it, either back in the Goldstone days or now. Quite a drawn out dirge, and the 'you will die bit' is pretty awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here