Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Hate Albi yawn hate hate hate it

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hate Albi yawn hate hate hate it

I used to hate it but I've started to (finally) come around to it recently. It is the ONLY song we have that everyone joins in with, and when it is sung properly at the Amex it is deafening. I'd still much rather the old 'Albion, Albion, Albion' though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
A legendary unique song that deserves full volume & respect, although loud on Sat a megaphone would have been useful to get more than 1/3 of the stand to hear the lead singer as too much background noise. NSC present to the Judge? for Xmas?

There was a bit in the later versions that mentioned 'walking down Regent ? Street who did I chance to meet ? It was our old mate Brian Clough --- someone must remember the words.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH ENOUGHS A ENOUGH!
This was in fact an earlier version sung by geordie d from haywards heath,it was sung on the haywards heath coaches mid 70's and then spread out to masses after that.

g/d kneeling down next to green jumper:moo:

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 213

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
I'd love to hear it in the WSU as well. One of my favourites from the old North Stand days. Same as you though, think if I tried to start it, not many around me would join in. :-(

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I am sure I also remember a bit which went something like "If you come from Brighton Town; get your f***ing knickers down". But its 35 years ago now so this memory may be somewhat beer addled.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure I also remember a bit which went something like "If you come from Brighton Town; get your f***ing knickers down". But its 35 years ago now so this memory may be somewhat beer addled.....

Bit outdated surely, "get your f***ing boxers down" would be more suitable nowadays

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wasn't that to the tune of "Knees up Mother Brown"?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Walking down Regent Street
Who did I chance to meet?
My old mate Brian Clough
Shut your mouth enough's enough.
Correct mate

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
What are the words to this? Seems to go on forever!

I understand this was a regular at The Goldstone. Can't work out if it's now dated nonsense or actually quite catchy. A song reliant on one person isn't going to get sung by 20,000, but it did sound fairly loud in the North Stand on Saturday.

Don t ever remember this song being sung at the goldstone not the last 6 years i was there not keen on it at all

DanielT

People where I was were really getting into it yesterday. Was fairly close to the judge.
Was it him doing the 'adam-el-abd' shout for the ba-bam-al-amma song?

And I learned how to spell my towns name when very young from the "b-r-i-g-h-t-o-n briiiiiiighton" chant.

so whoever came up with that one back in the day: thanks!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Sung really loud yesterday, was great. When this and the ..Brighton from the South.. songs are sung perfectly you can actually hear the silence between the lines!

Anyone get this on mobile/ YouTube upload?

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here