Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** Gloucestershire v Sussex final (this time it really is) four dayer of 2016***

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Disappointing end to a disappointing season..........

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Disappointing end to a disappointing season..........

As a Kent supporter, I'm more disappointed than you are. Finished second, yet not promoted. Can anyone explain why only one team is involved in relegation/promotion this year? I suspect [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] might be able to help.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As a Kent supporter, I'm more disappointed than you are. Finished second, yet not promoted. Can anyone explain why only one team is involved in relegation/promotion this year? I suspect [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] might be able to help.

Because the Big Brains at the ECB don't want 4 Day County Cricket...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Two relegated and one promoted for a first division with eight teams and a second division with ten.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
:thumbsup:
Clearest answer so far. And is this so D1 teams play four day cricket, and D2 teams play three day cricket from hereon in?

From BBC website:

"From the 2017 season:

Specsavers County Championship*games will run throughout the summer and pause during blocks of limited-overs cricket. It will be played in two divisions - a top tier of eight and second division of ten - after one County has been promoted and two relegated this year. It will then revert to two-up, two-down. To ensure a focus on each format and create space in the domestic season, the competition will be reduced from 16 Championship rounds to 14. Each County will play seven home and seven away matches."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here