Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gloucestershire v Sussex, Bristol, 21-24 April, LVCC

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We'll get hammered on Tuesday when we play Leics. Hoggy will show up our club cricket batsmen

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is very poor management, to be using up all of our LUCK so early in the season.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
we still won thou even if were shit

Mate, take the time to read the whole thread before posting... something will occuir to you about the general "tone " of the thread.

If it doesn't, come back on and ask why everyone is disparaging sussex

:thumbsup:

Got to admire your optimism in the face of overwhelming evidence that we are headed for village cricket.
At least at village cricket, we can win at Lords.

p870978509-3.jpg

Unlike the shower from Hove.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I couldn't care less if we lost but played well, all this lucky winning when we're shit is doing my head in.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's a win for Sussex on paper but I think we all know that it is a defeat in the minds of the players

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Alex Gidman admits that, even at this early stage of the season, Gloucestershire cannot allow Sussex to win the LV=County Championship match at Bristol, starting on Wednesday.

The visitors have already won their opening two fixtures in the competition, while Gloucestershire go into the game on the back of a disappointing home defeat by Northants.

Alex said: "We can't afford to let Sussex get too far ahead of us so it's important we learn the lessons from our first macth quickly and respond positively.

"They have already built some momentum and will be looking to carry it on. We know where we have to improve and there is work to do on our batting."

ECB pitch inspector Jack Birkenshaw decided not to recommend any points deduction after 23 wickets fell on the opening day of the Northants game, attributing many of them to swing or poor shots.

Alex accepts that the pitch against Sussex will again come under scrutiny, but still wants it to offer some help to his seam attack.

"That is our main strength as a team and we need to capitalise on home advantage just as other counties do," he said.

"It's early in the season when conditions normally favour the bowlers. There have been a lot of decisive results around the country already and I expect more in the coming weeks.

"We didn't bat well enough against Northants, but it was our first game and we got caught a bit cold. We know we are better than that.

"Not being able to use a heavy roller this season makes life more difficult for the groundsman, but we are not going to use that as any excuse for low scores."

Richard Dawson is added to the Gloucestershire squad selected for the opening game.

Snigger...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here