Gloucestershire v Sussex, Bristol, 21-24 April, LVCC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
From Cric info

Honours even as wickets tumble at Bristol | Gloucestershire v Sussex, Bristol, 1st day Report | Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

ECB pitch inspector Jack Birkenshaw was again an interested spectator at Bristol as 20 wickets fell on another action-packed opening day of the County Championship Division Two match.

Birkenshaw decided against recommending a points deduction for Gloucestershire after their opening game of the season at the same venue had seen 23 wickets fall on the same day.

This time he observed that there was less grass on the pitch and again attributed the carnage more to swing, good bowling and poor shot selection than any problem with the surface. "It looks fine to me" he said, and he will not be returning on Thursday.

Birkenshaw made another close inspection of the pitch during the interval, but still pronounced himself satisfied before watching another sorry procession of home batsmen.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I bet the Groundsman is thanking the Swinging Gods tonight :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Surely it's the umpires that need reporting not the groundman !
FFS 11 out of the 20 wickets were LBW - statistically that just can't be right.
Trigger-happy men in white coats - should've done to spec-savers!
Worse that our joke team - 2nd div twats.

** note to mods - is my pattern okay?

Sock

Apr 17, 2010
Brighton
Last match at Bristol there were 23 wickets on the first day, and wickets fell less often as the game went on.

LBWs, a lot of them is a sign of a bad pitch, sort it out!

And what is it with this pattern, do you take turns to be twats?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Last match at Bristol there were 23 wickets on the first day, and wickets fell less often as the game went on.

LBWs, a lot of them is a sign of a bad pitch, sort it out!

And what is it with this pattern, do you take turns to be twats?

If you can't work out the way EVERYONE is in this thread then you don't deserve to be told..:facepalm:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We'll win this easy

:ohmy::facepalm:

:shootself

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I must have missed something. :down:

I'll sort it out then NF9, but I refuse to be negative in anyway.

Hmmm....which second account are you?

And your the one making us lose, we must be negative and we will get results.:thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:thumbsup::clap2:

That's the spirit. I'll make the next match thread and the rules shall be that no negativity can be posted

So, yeah, cut it out you guys. You really are not funny.

:shrug: :wozza:

Sock

Apr 17, 2010
Brighton
Hmmm....which second account are you?

And your the one making us lose, we must be negative and we will get results.:thumbsup:

You reckon, I've been positive since I started to support this club back in 2003, look how many trophies we've won since then!:clap2:

I may follow you then, if it works, I really want Sussex to win this game ;)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You reckon, I've been positive since I started to support this club back in 2003, look how many trophies we've won since then!:clap2:

I may follow you then, if it works, I really want Sussex to win this game ;)

Errr, one?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
That's the spirit. I'll make the next match thread and the rules shall be that no negativity can be posted!
You cant help but be negative with the way our cricketflids are playing so far this season, two flukey wins and now pathetic batting by Gloucs has somehow given us a 1st inns lead when we didnt deserve it.:nono:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports