Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glory glory fans utd

Dec 4, 2011
Majority of Wrexham fans really looking forward to Sat. - just to say a Big thank you for your support in those dark days. The fans are seeing this draw as possibility the best we could have had. Looking forward to drinking Brighton dry :clap:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Majority of Wrexham fans really looking forward to Sat. - just to say a Big thank you for your support in those dark days. The fans are seeing this draw as possibility the best we could have had. Looking forward to drinking Brighton dry :clap:

good luck on that one!
look forward to you guys coming down
great tie

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Looks like your bringing over 2000 which will be a great turn out. Have a good day and visit the home concourses after the match as they are open to all. Hope you don't enjoy the match too much though :smile:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We're all really pleased we drew you guys and to be honest, you've got a fair chance to knock us out. Have a great day out on the coast

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great travelling support from Wrexham and it's a win-win situation for all - Wrexham win it's a result, BHA win it's a result. Let the love-in commence. My sister's ex was/is a massive Wrexham fan and I've always had a soft spot for the club.

:thumbsup:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The final few paragraphs of a feature I wrote for today's Wrexham Leader:
"Cynics may snipe that this is just an incestuous love-in between football fans.
But it is deeper than that … it is a permanent bond between real football supporters who will never forget that the true ownership of their clubs lies with the fans and not the big money men or asset strippers.
Earlier I mentioned the symmetry about the draw.
Ironic that in the same season Brighton moved into a new permanent home at the Amex Stadium, Wrexham is at last owned by its own fans!
Whatever the result on Saturday it will be game of mutual respect and plenty of broad smiles and handshakes."

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
The final few paragraphs of a feature I wrote for today's Wrexham Leader:
"Cynics may snipe that this is just an incestuous love-in between football fans.
But it is deeper than that … it is a permanent bond between real football supporters who will never forget that the true ownership of their clubs lies with the fans and not the big money men or asset strippers.
Ironic that in the same season Brighton moved into a new permanent home at the Amex Stadium, Wrexham is at last owned by its own fans!
Whatever the result on Saturday it will be game of mutual respect and plenty of broad smiles and handshakes."

Thats good: well written

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Full transcript of my piece in today's Leader (daily paper for North Wales):

WHEN my beloved Seagulls drew Wrexham in the third round of this year's FA Cup, in a game to be played at our sparkling new Amex Stadium, there was an instant urge to shout!
Instead I just sat and smiled.
There was a strange symmetry about the draw.
In this peculiar game of football, Brighton and Hove Albion have three close blood brothers of fellow clubs, all bonded by survival in adversity.
Back in August we kicked off our first season at our new stadium with a home fixture against Doncaster Rovers – a game we won 2-1 against a team, club and supporters we have long regarded as our closest friends.
Then two months ago we rallied with fans from dozens of other clubs in a Go Green weekend to raise awareness of the financial plight of mutual friends at Plymouth Argyle.
And now comes Wrexham.
It's been a strange old journey following Brighton. Since my first game as an 11 year-old in September 1967 watching us beat Bury 1-0 (Bobby Collins and all) I was hooked.
Like supporters of any football club there have been highs and lows over the ensuing 45 years.
The highs are many: four years in the top flight between 1979 and 1983 beating European Champions Nottingham Forest, Liverpool and Arsenal along the way, a famous FA Cup final against Man United and more recently four promotions in the past 11 years.
But the lows are many more.
I could start with the 8-2 drubbing by Bristol Rovers, the week after Brian Clough became our manager in 1973, the 4-0 FA Cup humiliation by non league Walton and Hersham the same season or more galling the 3-1 home defeat by our arch rivals Crystal Palace in September – salt rubbed into the cruelty by the fact it was our first league defeat at the Amex.
But in reality nothing can touch the hell that was 1995 to 1997, when then owners, DIY entrepreneur Bill Archer and Lib Dem MP David Bellotti, sold our beloved Goldstone Ground from under our noses for a retail park development.
As majority shareholder Archer had secured control of our club a couple of years earlier for just £56.25!
As a club we narrowly avoided extinction but remained homeless for the next 14 years playing our home games initially 70 miles away at Gillingham then at an old athletics stadium at Withdean.
But we made our friends along the way in our fight for a permanent new home.
And few were closer than those at Wrexham.
It started on May 8, 2004 when over 1,000 of us turned up at the Racecourse for the final game of the the Division 2 season. We were already assured of a play-off spot, while Wrexham were safe.
It was a game with little riding on it.
That is until we were met at the gates by scores of Wrexham supporters handing us red cards, explaining the plight of their club and asking for our support to help oust then chairman Mark Guterman and owner Alex Hamilton.
Everything we were told by the fans struck chords... this was 1995-97 all over again.
We took part readily in the so-called red card protest and two weeks later displayed a 10 metre banner at our play-off final at the Millennium Stadium which read: “Fans United say Save AFC Wrexham”.
Fans United days followed and gradually the whole football world realised what was happening at Wrexham.
Wrexham responded with a huge demonstration of blue and white balloons and banners supporting our battle for a new home at their Sky televised FA Cup tie at Scunthorpe on Friday December 3, 2004.
Sadly the same day Wrexham entered administration and were deducted 10 points.
Then there was the so-called Fans Final – the last LDV Vans cup final at the Millennium Stadium in April 2005, when Wrexham, supported by fans from almost every club in the country beat Southend 2-0 in a glorious final.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Cynics may snipe that this is just an incestuous love-in between football fans.
Whatever the result on Saturday it will be game of mutual respect and plenty of broad smiles and handshakes.
I tip us to win 3-1 with goals from our wonder boys Lua Lua, Will Buckley and the human dynamo Craig MacKail Smith!

(looks like Kaz is not playing so that's one prediction I have wrong already!)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Great piece by Mike Griffith's in today's Leader:

SINCE the draw for the third round of the FA Cup was made, plenty of people have told me how disappointed I must be by its outcome.
Brighton away, after all, is hardly the money-spinner which would have wiped all our financial concerns out in one fell swoop, and it isn’t the home match against vulnerable opposition which leaves us looking forward confidently to the next round.
My response hasn’t been what they’d been expecting though. Frankly, I think it’s just about the best draw we could get.
Well, nearly. I recognise that the best of all outcomes would have been to take a trip to Old Trafford, Anfield or the Ettihad Stadium, enjoy a day in the limelight and walk away with the WST having been given a fantastic leg-up as they look to put the club’s affairs in order.
However, if we couldn’t have that, I reckon going to Brighton’s about the best draw we could have hoped for.
This is partly because I don’t see the attraction of the supposedly ‘easy’ home tie. They’re an illusion. There are no sure things in the cup, and if you want proof, look back to the last time we got to the fourth round.
It was at the turn of the Millennium, and having beaten Premiership Middlesbrough in the third round we fancied our chances of progressing deep into the competition when we were drawn at home to Cambridge, a struggling side from the Third Division, just like us.
We were made favourites by the bookies, and of course we lost.
And anyway, don’t let our superb form nudge you into a false sense of security; we might be top of the Conference, but we’re still a non-league team.How many of the sides left in the competition should we confidently say we’d see off?
While I strongly believe the top half of the Conference is much better than the bottom half of League Two, I’d rather not jeopardise our chances of making some money by putting that belief to the test.
There’s a much more important reason to be delighted with a trip to Sussex though. Over the course of the last decade, Wrexham and Brighton have created a bond between them the nature of which I’ve never experienced.
Brighton truly are a progressive club. Their fans understand that they are supporters not just of their club, but of the game in general, and that has motivated them to be the prime movers behind so many laudable pan-football causes.
And one of the first was us, of course. Brighton fans mobilised the country for the Fans United day at The Racecourse, and helped a number of us to understand the value of standing up for the values that are at the core of our clubs and the shared experience of following them.
It’ll be privilege to go down there tomorrow and, armed with the knowledge that I am now part-owner of fan-run club, meet them proudly eye-to-eye and thank them for their help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here