Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Global warming....possible to argue?

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
This will be my last response to your trolling. (Here Mr Shouty equates differing view with "Trolling") If you really do believe that climate change is not man made and not a crisis (where exactly did I say that - ALWAYS READ THE QUESTION, Mr Shouty, ...remember your approved school days) of the uptmost urgency then all the very best to you. I’m sure that will be of great comfort to you when the planet starts tanking.
In the meantime, some advice; JCL’s like you, the idiot ones, like you, (again....there's an old saying about 'People in glass houses)start these trolling threads about once a year. It always ends with you looking stupid. I’d walk away if I were you.
If you have a scintilla of self-awareness, you should now be curling up in a ball of shame.

Believe me, in about 40 years time Covid will seem like an outbreak of nits and Brexit, like a ****ing birthday present.

Have a lovely day.

".......This will be my last response" - who would bet on it?

Go on Mr Shouty, ..don't let me down.:lolol:

Last edited:

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Sorry I tried but as soon as I saw Clarkson I could go no further

There's lots of stuff on there. Never seen him on it, ....and agreed, he is a shthouse.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I often wonder if there is another possible "truth", these people make a credible case, but I wouldn't go so far as to say 'I believe' - the following pages are an interesting place to start.
https://electroverse.net/category/crop-loss/

This is called positive affirmation and it is a very powerful tool. Advertisers use it all the time, particularly after you have just bought the latest JibJab XyB, a few pieces of targeted advertising on why people love the JibJab XyB, will help you to feel great about your purchase. A competitive review that then appears that says the JibJab XyB is twice as expensive as the competition, has less features and looks cheap and nasty, will prompt bitter regret at your purchase. the latter is taking an objective view and looking at all the evidence, maybe the one sided marketing material wasn't that accurate after all.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
This is called positive affirmation and it is a very powerful tool. Advertisers use it all the time, particularly after you have just bought the latest JibJab XyB, a few pieces of targeted advertising on why people love the JibJab XyB, will help you to feel great about your purchase. A competitive review that then appears that says the JibJab XyB is twice as expensive as the competition, has less features and looks cheap and nasty, will prompt bitter regret at your purchase. the latter is taking an objective view and looking at all the evidence, maybe the one-sided marketing material wasn't that accurate after all.

I find that I can read that more than one way, but to clarify my stance, I would say that I'm becoming more cynical about the datasets. They say the world is a small place, but you wouldn't want to paint it. The sheer mass of data that we don't fully understand could therefore send presumptions right out the double-glazed window.

But they could be 100%, so I treat my consumption and recycling efforts in line with the worst-case scenario anyway. There are so many megagobs that read a comic or see an article on tv, and convince themselves they 'know' stuff. Armchair experts on Climate Change ...Viriology....Economics....the list is endless

I go with empiricism.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This is called positive affirmation and it is a very powerful tool. Advertisers use it all the time, particularly after you have just bought the latest JibJab XyB, a few pieces of targeted advertising on why people love the JibJab XyB, will help you to feel great about your purchase. A competitive review that then appears that says the JibJab XyB is twice as expensive as the competition, has less features and looks cheap and nasty, will prompt bitter regret at your purchase. the latter is taking an objective view and looking at all the evidence, maybe the one sided marketing material wasn't that accurate after all.

Whoa whoa whoa....is there a new JibJab XyB out?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
So what was wrong with the existing conspiricy theory thread for people who are desperate to see themselves as heroically 'free thinking' and/or don't understand how science works?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You asked a question in a reasonable way and got various ad hominem attacks. That's social media for you unfortunately.

FWIW I think it's impossible for the amount of people on earth not to have some sort of impact on the environment. The question is to what degree and what how much of it is a natural phenomenon?

We have been given these doomsday scenarios on many occasions and been told that the science says it will happen, yet none of them have come to pass.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/50-y...c-predictions-the-so-called-experts-are-0-50/

The above link shows some of the previous armageddon predictions made. IMHO these predictions now look embarrassing to the authors and damage any future potentially accurate predictions.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
You asked a question in a reasonable way and got various ad hominem attacks. That's social media for you unfortunately.

FWIW I think it's impossible for the amount of people on earth not to have some sort of impact on the environment. The question is to what degree and what how much of it is a natural phenomenon?

We have been given these doomsday scenarios on many occasions and been told that the science says it will happen, yet none of them have come to pass.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/50-y...c-predictions-the-so-called-experts-are-0-50/

The above link shows some of the previous armageddon predictions made. IMHO these predictions now look embarrassing to the authors and damage any future potentially accurate predictions.

Indeed....well said, the man in technicolor.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think that's for another thread, but I saw a video on Global Warming by Michael Moore (which has since been, barred off Utube), which made my hair stand on end.

This man is a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal, too.

MM has done some good stuff but Planet of the Humans was a poor effort by his standards, Monbiot on the money...

https://youtu.be/__UJ09PZFoI

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
A science chap called Randal Carlson said that the whole carbon in the atmosphere issue was based on one sponsored study in America in the late 80s but it's much more complicated than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here