Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Global freezing: A ‘mini ice age’ is on the way by 2030, scientists say

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am interested to know more about the things you talk about in this post though. especially the dishonesty and significant costs to individuals? suppressing industrialisations?

the dishonesty is the well covered dubious sources of alot of research, selective measurements and data, ignoring inconvenient alternatives etc., etc. take our proposition here, that sun activity may have an impact on temperature - not included in models and those that try to highlight it are hounded out. the individual costs are the taxes and subsidies we the public are paying towards non-carbon based energy, while ignoring cleaner options just because they still involve carbon burning. you know all these issues though, they are well covered, just brushed aside.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
the dishonesty is the well covered dubious sources of alot of research, selective measurements and data, ignoring inconvenient alternatives etc., etc. take our proposition here, that sun activity may have an impact on temperature - not included in models and those that try to highlight it are hounded out. the individual costs are the taxes and subsidies we the public are paying towards non-carbon based energy, while ignoring cleaner options just because they still involve carbon burning. you know all these issues though, they are well covered, just brushed aside.

Most of the things that you have mentioned that i have read about have been explained. Without having any specifics it is hard to know exactly what you are getting at.
On the taxes and subsidies note though it is interesting that the companies that take and sell the coal in Australia are given massive subsidies paid for by my taxes. Just to make sure that they continue to take and sell the coal that provides them with massive profits.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I

I am interested to know more about the things you talk about in this post though. especially the dishonesty and significant costs to individuals? suppressing industrialisations?

Dishonesty? How about Professor Mann being found guilty by panel of professioal Misconduct twice at PSU(Which by the way was hit by the scandal of their "footbal" coach raping youngsters and being cover up by the university), also the Virginia state legislature(Democrats) Proposing to make whistleblowing illeagal(Climategate).

When another poster mentions that plants eat CO2 this is called the absorbtion rate, one of at least a dozen significant variables excluded from climate models.

As well as putting limits on the formula, possibly correct but it assumes a unlimited atmosphere and is vulerable to explosive osolations, what mann called the hockey stick.

After being debunked it was renamed " runaway climate change/ global warming" after that was debunked it was renamed "the tipping point", erm.. there all the same thing.;

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
60ec77b9dfe98e6116bbb4cdfd960a81.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Dishonesty? How about Professor Mann being found guilty by panel of professioal Misconduct twice at PSU

Do you have a link for this? all i can find are links saying that the cases were dismissed and he was exonerated

http://www.research.psu.edu/orp/documents/Findings_Mann_Inquiry.pdf

So here is the report from the inquiry into four allegations. Three are dismissed and the last was undecided.

Not that any of this offers any evidence about the validity of climate change science over all.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thats not a scientific consensus, thats a few climate scientists/know activists riding data which includes 1st year students essay papers. Its not work done by researchers. Have you ever met any climate science students? For them its an article of faith.

That was just one example there are plenty of reports that demonstrate this consensus. To me the fact that most scientists agree on this is enough to convince me that we should be taking it seriously.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
That was just one example there are plenty of reports that demonstrate this consensus. To me the fact that most scientists agree on this is enough to convince me that we should be taking it seriously.

A lot of scientists are skeptical, especially physicists.

Do you have a link for this? all i can find are links saying that the cases were dismissed and he was exonerated

http://www.research.psu.edu/orp/documents/Findings_Mann_Inquiry.pdf

So here is the report from the inquiry into four allegations. Three are dismissed and the last was undecided.

Not that any of this offers any evidence about the validity of climate change science over all.

Thats one report ongoing. I know what he said, what he did and why. Even the High Priest of Global Warming Monboit said in thr grauniad that Jones and Mann should stand down as the bring the climate issue into disrepute. at 11pm I neither have the time or energy to root round and find the stuff.

Bottom Line is if carbon emissions cause AGW and the chinese alone have bee spewing carbon at an increasing rate where is the global warming? 18 years on a plateu now, this shouldn't be happening if the theory was sound.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A lot of scientists are skeptical, especially physicists.

Thats one report ongoing. I know what he said, what he did and why. Even the High Priest of Global Warming Monboit said in thr grauniad that Jones and Mann should stand down as the bring the climate issue into disrepute. at 11pm I neither have the time or energy to root round and find the stuff.

Well when you are ready I will have a look.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Would this be the same scientists that can't get the weather forecast right 24 hours ahead ?

The forecasts are now very accurate and Public transport is actually very reliable ( except on the main Brighton to London line but that's down to being well over capacity ) but the English would still knock them even if they were 100%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here