Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Glenn scores

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I read through the match commentry on Sporting Life and all about Murray, Bong and Knocky.
Like reading a match commentry about us a rew years ago.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It could be because I'm an extremely sleep deprived first time dad, but that made me well up. :cry: I miss those days and that team!

Congratulations on being a first time dad, over tiredness can play havoc with your emotions but I was holding back the tears watching that and my 2 year old had been sleeping quite well for a while!

I think’s it’s something to do with watching that bond between those 3 being built over those years in the blue & white. Bong is great but Murray & Knocky played two of the starring roles in our promotion season, it’s so great to see the three ‘together’ again. It puts you right back in 2016 & 2017.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Congratulations on being a first time dad, over tiredness can play havoc with your emotions but I was holding back the tears watching that and my 2 year old had been sleeping quite well for a while!

I think’s it’s something to do with watching that bond between those 3 being built over those years in the blue & white. Bong is great but Murray & Knocky played two of the starring roles in our promotion season, it’s so great to see the three ‘together’ again. It puts you right back in 2016 & 2017.

Thank you for your warm wishes and 100% agree with all that - 2016/17 were the glory days for me! A magical time to follow the Albion and Murray and Knocky were absolutely integral. I still hum their songs to myself today! :albion2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Watched the EFL highlights on Quest last night, a wonderful shot of the ex Albion trio, Muzza, Knocky and Bong, all hugging one another at the final whistle. It really got me reminiscing.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Terrific point for Nottingham Forest against PLB. If they keep on grinding out goalless draws like this then they'll be safe. And i'm sure Muzza will score again. :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Enjoyed the game even though it wasn’t a classic - just cos I saw Muzza, Knocky and Bong playing in a competitive league again!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Unless this is meant to be ironic humour, it's little wonder Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, et al see us as "teams like Brighton". If we do it to the next guy, it makes us massive hypocrites

I wonder how Wycombe will get on at Huddersfield though? I'm going for FOUR conceded this afternoon! :ohmy:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Enjoyed the game even though it wasn’t a classic - just cos I saw Muzza, Knocky and Bong playing in a competitive league again!

Can you do player ratings for our legends team please ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can you do player ratings for our legends team please ?

Mmmmmm tough one as was tight. Bong 6 - others 7 - CH made no subs which a few forest mates were surprised at but I said he’s like that if it’s solid he’ll often leave it - and Muzza looked threatening. Keeping Grabbon out at his age shows how CH rates him. I’d imagine there was a convo with Murray and CH along the lines of - if I come up to forest from my home in Brighton for 5 months I want to be playing as much as possible...!

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mmmmmm tough one as was tight. Bong 6 - others 7 - CH made no subs which a few forest mates were surprised at but I said he’s like that if it’s solid he’ll often leave it - and Muzza looked threatening. Keeping Grabbon out at his age shows how CH rates him. I’d imagine there was a convo with Murray and CH along the lines of - if I come up to forest from my home in Brighton for 5 months I want to be laying as much as possible...!

Should be alright being away from his Mrs, but might be more awkward during lockdown to find the football groupies :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Mmmmmm tough one as was tight. Bong 6 - others 7 - CH made no subs which a few forest mates were surprised at but I said he’s like that if it’s solid he’ll often leave it - and Muzza looked threatening. Keeping Grabbon out at his age shows how CH rates him. I’d imagine there was a convo with Murray and CH along the lines of - if I come up to forest from my home in Brighton for 5 months I want to be playing as much as possible...!

My forest friend is majorly worried and wasn’t impressed when they signed Muz!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My forest friend is majorly worried and wasn’t impressed when they signed Muz!

He should have been more worried about about the shit they signed in the summer before CH arrived. Murray should be the least of his worries. He is head and shoulders above any other striker at Forest even at 38 years old.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Even after his impressive debut last week?

He should have been more worried about about the shit they signed in the summer before CH arrived. Murray should be the least of his worries. He is head and shoulders above any other striker at Forest even at 38 years old.

He’s softened a bit after last week and being sent loads of Muz goal clips by me!
Forest fans generally aren’t having the type of football they are being served up.
I’m sure it’s dire to watch, but that’s one defeat in 11.
That’s forest fans for you - former champions of Europe twice over, don’t you know ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It could be because I'm an extremely sleep deprived first time dad, but that made me well up. :cry: I miss those days and that team!

Congrats on the baby SS. I’ve got a six week old (and a 4yo) so I feel your pain. We resisted getting a dummy but it’s proved to be a shrewd move, so that’s my tip for the day!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Congrats on the baby SS. I’ve got a six week old (and a 4yo) so I feel your pain. We resisted getting a dummy but it’s proved to be a shrewd move, so that’s my tip for the day!

Cheers DJ! I salute you hugely for dealing with a newborn and a 4 year old - my wife and I keep saying that we do not know how we could do this with another child! Good tip - I had a dummy for an embarrassingly long time as a child and my teeth have not thanked me for it as I’ve got older, so I concur with the anti-dummy stance!

I had my first taste of an Albion game tonight as a father - missed first half an hour, next half an hour was littered with interruptions and then the final third of the game was spent in an uncomfortable seating position that I dared not move in case I wake her. :lolol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Cheers DJ! I salute you hugely for dealing with a newborn and a 4 year old - my wife and I keep saying that we do not know how we could do this with another child! Good tip - I had a dummy for an embarrassingly long time as a child and my teeth have not thanked me for it as I’ve got older, so I concur with the anti-dummy stance!

I had my first taste of an Albion game tonight as a father - missed first half an hour, next half an hour was littered with interruptions and then the final third of the game was spent in an uncomfortable seating position that I dared not move in case I wake her. :lolol:

Remember those days when you put the telly on, cracked open a beer and watched the football in peace?
Yeah, they’re gone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here