Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray's Premier League Stats and how they compare

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
25 goals from the strikers is an excellent return, it even allows a little room to pleasantly surprised.
That has to be preferable to setting totally unobtainable targets from players that have only scored a handful of goals throughout their entire career.

Sure, but we're being reasonable to expect AT LEAST 5 each from Hemed and Baldock, gametime dependent? If they're only scoring at a ratio of 1 in 5, we're doomed and rightly so.

I think Murray, Knockaert and Gross will all get double figures. Proper Premier League footballers who won't be found out by the jump in class. Gross has mixed it with the best in Germany, so he comes in ready to hit the ground running and I think he's a danger playing off a clever forward like Murray. Knockaert doesn't need much help scoring goals.

It's crucial for us that Duffy and Dunk start scoring from corners, we need them to score 5 between them and given how good they are they should be having a shootout just between the two of them.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As long as he gets the quality assists,Glenn will score,or draw a penalty,against anybody,he says optimistically:albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sure, but we're being reasonable to expect AT LEAST 5 each from Hemed and Baldock, gametime dependent? If they're only scoring at a ratio of 1 in 5, we're doomed and rightly so.

I think Murray, Knockaert and Gross will all get double figures. Proper Premier League footballers who won't be found out by the jump in class. Gross has mixed it with the best in Germany, so he comes in ready to hit the ground running and I think he's a danger playing off a clever forward like Murray. Knockaert doesn't need much help scoring goals.

It's crucial for us that Duffy and Dunk start scoring from corners, we need them to score 5 between them and given how good they are they should be having a shootout just between the two of them.

I've had this already about Solly who has only ever scored 7 goals, suddenly banging in 10 this season.

Why should Gross get into double figures?
He never has done in the past, he's only scored 17 in his last 170 odd games.

My downfall will be expecting too much from out centre backs, I think it's crucial the team make the most of deadball chances.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've had this already about Solly who has only ever scored 7 goals, suddenly banging in 10 this season.

Why should Gross get into double figures?
He never has done in the past, he's only scored 17 in his last 170 odd games.

My downfall will be expecting too much from out centre backs, I think it's crucial the team make the most of deadball chances.

Solly's not going to score 10. Gross is going to surprise a lot of people - I'm thinking Michu! Playing off a wily striker like Murray will bring out his deadly side. And also, he's playing in a team which will need him to be scoring goals, he didn't do it at Ingolstadt but that's their problem. In our team, I think he'll be very effective as we're already seeing. But it's early days and realistically, he'd need to play almost every game to get so many as 10.

I think we should reasonably expect more goals from Duffy and Dunk, they're clearly capable and the set piece delivery last season was superb. They didn't score as many goals as they should have done, but it's very much secondary from them. If we get as many corners this season as last, they should outscore their totals. Again, if we want to stay up. If we don't, then nothing really matters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Solly's not going to score 10. Gross is going to surprise a lot of people - I'm thinking Michu! Playing off a wily striker like Murray will bring out his deadly side. And also, he's playing in a team which will need him to be scoring goals, he didn't do it at Ingolstadt but that's their problem. In our team, I think he'll be very effective as we're already seeing. But it's early days and realistically, he'd need to play almost every game to get so many as 10.

I think we should reasonably expect more goals from Duffy and Dunk, they're clearly capable and the set piece delivery last season was superb. They didn't score as many goals as they should have done, but it's very much secondary from them. If we get as many corners this season as last, they should outscore their totals. Again, if we want to stay up. If we don't, then nothing really matters.

In fairness we're only discussing 4 goals, if we split the difference I'm sure we'd both be happy if Gross scores 8.

I'm coming at this very late to the party.
I assume I knew just how few goals the 'bottom' 14 teams score in the Premier League, it just never really sunk in.
Naturally so few goals, means no big number goal scorer.
NSC has been hot wired to the '20 goal a season' mantra since it started, and that's as far away now as it was when Tiltman and Trusson were 'banging them in'.

Us fan will be going from a 74 goal season to (hopefully) just above half that.
It's seems like plenty are in for a steep learning curve, so I guess I'm lucky I wasn't paying attention in the first place.

(nothing new there)

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
GM is more than decent enough lets not worry about that

We just need another striker in with a yard of pace

For me position is almost irrelevant, if I was playing us in a season of Football Manager my customised attributes search for all potential purchases would be thus:

Positional requirements - I.E finishing for strikers, passing for CM or tackling for DF would be anything >14/16

Absolute must haves:

Pace - 18-20
Work rate - 18-20
Determination - 18-20
Teamwork - 18-20

Of which I'd be happy if they had 3 out of the 4, anything else wouldn't cut it and other positional skills slightly lacking I'd be convinced my coaching staff could improve to sufficient levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here