Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murrays on fire, your defence is terrified !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Weren't some people in the North stand singing "we called him a c*nt, but now he's upfront"

Now that, I like. It's actually fairly funny.

It is mildly amusing but, hopefully, we should now cut GM a bit of slack as I am sure almost 95% of us already do !

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm probably nearly your age, but I completely disagree. There again I am such a snob that I pretty much never sang anything at football apart from OUR SBTS until I turned 40. I cringed when the 'seagulls' chant started. The Palace just laughed at us. Fortunately the present lot of Nigels have short memories. But in my dotage I have come to terms with my inner naffness, and will belt out pretty much anything these days. 'Oh Gary Hart', one drunken afternoon, probably started me down this path. I quite enjoy it now. What was the question again?

:lolol:

:lolol:

You're right about the 'Seagulls' chant. When it first started up it wasn't universally adopted overnight. Quite a few people, especially on hearing Palace's mocking laughter, said "Why have we started chanting 'Seagulls' just because Palace say 'Eagles'? Why are we copying them? It's SO naff and just because it's a bird seagulls have got nothing to do with the Albion. We're dolphins!"

Probably a good job that NSC wasn't around then otherwise the anti's may have achieved 'critical mass' and we'd never have got the identity that modern fans take for granted.

You're also right about most chants being naff, but hey. Like I said I'm just glad that somebody sings something!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When was the last time we actually came up with an original song? Even the Ulloa song was 'ripped off'

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I doubt anything is original anymore.

Although i do like when sheff wednesday sing "we're on our way, on our way, to the premier league on our way, how will we get there i don't know, how will we get there i don't care, all i know is wednesdays on our way"

and they all bounce around, can't knock them they can create an atmospher.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
22 October - Wigan v Brighton

17 April - Brighton v Wigan

During both games, everytime Will Grigg gets owned by one of our defenders we can chant the following for example.

Goldsons on fire, Will Griggs ****ing terrified

Could do it for every player that tackles Will Grig

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Someone needs to adapt this into some appropriate words...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6asKv3vHLA

Hey you, don't watch that
Watch this!
This is the heavy heavy monster sound
The nuttiest sound around
So if you've come in off the street
And you're beginning to feel the heat
Well listen buster
You better start to move your feet
To the rockinest, rock-steady beat
Of madness
One step beyond!

All we need is a fat bloke ....

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Wallsall do a good one, but still fat bloke required

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
22 October - Wigan v Brighton

17 April - Brighton v Wigan

During both games, everytime Will Grigg gets owned by one of our defenders we can chant the following for example.

Goldsons on fire, Will Griggs ****ing terrified

Could do it for every player that tackles Will Grig

Uwe Hünemeier
The BFG's in our side / or The Big f'ing German in our side / or Will Grigg is terrified
Uwe Hünemeier
The BFG's in our side / or The Big f'ing German in our side / or Will Grigg is terrified

nah nah nah nah nana......etc....

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Who's that man born in maryport
Who that man we now adore AGAIN
Glenn Murray's his name
His scores a goal a game
And does't play for the scum anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here