Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murrays on fire, your defence is terrified !

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
There's no Murray love
No he'll just have to wait
Cause he went to Palace
And they're the *******s we all hate

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Appreciate that a couple people have said "start a better song if you don't like it "etc but that's not the point the point was that's it's an established song for ONE player and my personal feeling is that when we sang it for Murray it was cringed for that reason,there was was too much media coverage about this song and the player it was sang for for people to rip it off and I stand by that, it was cringe worthy and even Murray must have felt a little 2nd class

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
What about a bit of Sham 69

Come on, come on, Murray and Hemed come on
Come on, come on, Murray and Hemed come on
We're gonna score again
We're gonna score again

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here is original:

the clapping has to be right (and only Turks and Ukranians seem to ba able to manage this):

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap (in time to)

You take my breath away (clap clap clap clap)
You are the Glenn Murray (clap clap clap clap)

Here is the tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INFty4xfAr8

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
it was cringe worthy and even Murray must have felt a little 2nd class

You are joking right? You honestly think after scoring twice Murray was thinking to himself that the fans are poor because they couldn't come up with an original song for him. What planet are you on??

This is a guy who left for our biggest rivals, scored against us for them in one of our biggest ever games and we were still singing his name!!

We've had players here for ages that we couldn't even be bothered to rip off another song for. Gordon Greer never got a song, Dunk, Stephens, Rosenior etc.. still haven't.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Here is original:

the clapping has to be right (and only Turks and Ukranians seem to ba able to manage this):

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap (in time to)

Here is the tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INFty4xfAr8

Not bad. We'd probably speed it up 4x though and make it impossible.

Porky87

Aug 21, 2010
Did Wigan patent this song then? Who cares if it's nicked. Every football song is nicked. Knockaerts is probably my favourite Albion song but that is nicked. Again, who cares. Let's just get the Amex rocking again. I don't post ever as I just don't understand how fans of the same club can only ever criticise or belittle each other. We are all part of a community together (the Albion), let's stick together and help get Albion up!

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Appreciate that a couple people have said "start a better song if you don't like it "etc but that's not the point the point was that's it's an established song for ONE player and my personal feeling is that when we sang it for Murray it was cringed for that reason,there was was too much media coverage about this song and the player it was sang for for people to rip it off and I stand by that, it was cringe worthy and even Murray must have felt a little 2nd class

I can't believe some Albion fans, we get a song which people actually sing and people slag it off, great let's sing Alllbion Allbion all the time I think some of our fans enjoy a rubbish atmosphere, it's been done before, who cares, Murray feeling 2nd class rubbish.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
SuperMurraysFabulousExpertandPrecocious,
When he takes a shot at goal,
It's gunna be ferocious,
And if you try to tackle him,
He'll make you look atrocious,
SuperMurraysFabulousExpertand Precocious,
Um diddle diddle um diddle I,
Um diddle diddle um diddle I....

Next verse please...!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
You are joking right? You honestly think after scoring twice Murray was thinking to himself that the fans are poor because they couldn't come up with an original song for him. What planet are you on??

This is a guy who left for our biggest rivals, scored against us for them in one of our biggest ever games and we were still singing his name!!

We've had players here for ages that we couldn't even be bothered to rip off another song for. Gordon Greer never got a song, Dunk,Stephens, Rosenioretc.. still haven't.

the players I have highlighted all have or had chants sung by the Albion fans.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We had the PERFECT opportunity to sing the palace song back to them on TV 'scoring goals for Brighton, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray.' Is a perfect 2 finger salute to them - please go with this and not the Will Grigg song (which was done badly - didn't even hear the 'more & more' line as I predicted our fans to struggle with when this was discussed on here in the summer!

We had the PERFECT opportunity to sing the palace song back to them on TV 'scoring goals for Brighton, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray.' Is a perfect 2 finger salute to them - please go with this and not the Will Grigg song (which was done badly - didn't even hear the 'more & more' line as I predicted our fans to struggle with when this was discussed on here in the summer!

Don't be so ridiculous, none, not a single one of them would have watched it.

It's beneath them you see..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
SuperMurraysFabulousExpertandPrecocious,
When he takes a shot at goal,
It's gunna be ferocious,
And if you try to tackle him,
He'll make you look atrocious,
SuperMurraysFabulousExpertand Precocious,
Um diddle diddle um diddle I,
Um diddle diddle um diddle I....

Next verse please...!!!
I like this!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
https://twitter.com/MattCorr34/status/764198265847967745 - say no more. Please please please don't carry on with this chant, it's overused and so unoriginal.

I'll definitely take heed of his wise words....

The best thing about the chant is that it's a bit corny, that perhaps the people who don't normally join in with the chants have a tune that they recognise and is easily adaptable. Much like ring of fire was successful especially with those in East Lower / front of north stand. For once a new chant actually got people who normally sit quietly more in the centre of the North animated and supporting the team. What's the issue with that??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here