Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
17 to go to equal the all time highest goal scorer. I really hope he can do it. It's not beyond reasonable expectation that he could get within striking distance of that before the end of the season. Especially if his knob keeps up its current form

He will want the record on his own.
I think he will do it too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He has a season and a bit left on his contract. no?
I don't think it matters how long he has left, it's how long he can keep going and be ahead of our other options (bearing in mind we'll be looking to strengthen in the summer). ie, if he's out of contract, it will be extended if he can keep going. But at 35, can he keep producing a year from now?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't think it matters how long he has left, it's how long he can keep going and be ahead of our other options (bearing in mind we'll be looking to strengthen in the summer). ie, if he's out of contract, it will be extended if he can keep going. But at 35, can he keep producing a year from now?

I can't see one more year taking any extra toll on Glenn's ability to be in the right place at the right time.
I take the point about seeing off challenges from Andone and any new signings.
But so far no one has been able to take the shirt off him.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
In any given game I believe that Glenn is more likely to score than any of our striker alternatives and he doesn't appear to be going off the boil either. As has been said, he's never been about pace, he's our 'Martini' player: Any time, any place, anywhere.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think the point will come when it's important that his successor comes to the fore and Glenn will move to the bench.
At the moment Andone hasn't done that and I doubt he will before the season is out.

I can see that transition starting next season. Hughton will want Andone ( or a new Striker) to start the season as number 1.
However Glenn thrives on the competition for places. I'd back him to outshine his contemporaries again next season.

Injury is more likely to put paid to him hitting the 124 mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here