Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray.....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
His performance at Wycombe showed us what we have been missing. Whilst some BHA fans have been drooling over Dickinson and bemoaning the absence of Craig Davies, Murray has largely been brooding on the sidelines.
Unleashed on Saturday, he scored twice and contributed greatly to the other two. His positional sense was good and he actually reads the runs of other players. His first touch was excellent, he held the ball up well and looked what he is....a class act.
Hard as Dickinson and Davies try, they are not in his league.
Murray and Forster could be the most potent front two in this division and I hope his future lies with us.
He is one of the few players on our books who could comfortably play at a higher level.

Absolutely. It really beggars belief that some so called fans of BHA cannot see what is patently obvious. Murray is one of the classiest players I've seen at the Albion in the last decade. Probably just a handful I'd put ahead of him - Zamora, obviously, plus possibly CKR when he could be bothered. Actually, not sure I can think of any others!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Absolutely. It really beggars belief that some so called fans of BHA cannot see what is patently obvious. Murray is one of the classiest players I've seen at the Albion in the last decade. Probably just a handful I'd put ahead of him - Zamora, obviously, plus possibly CKR when he could be bothered. Actually, not sure I can think of any others!

I dont think there are any others......im really hoping Murray gets back to his best and at least sees this season out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blimey, this is a turn up for the books. Thought I was the only one left who thought Murray might actually be a decent bloke.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Like scoring twice to keep us in the FA Cup?

How bloody dare he. We won't have any of that at this club. Bloody lazy, useless, constantly, offside, want away wanker.

In all seriousness anyone who thinks Murray is lazy has no understanding of how football is actually played.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Blimey, this is a turn up for the books. Thought I was the only one left who thought Murray might actually be a decent bloke.
there's more of us than you think - we just don't get as hysterical as the Murray haters....
this thread makes a great point and I really hope it settles Glenn back down - the chairman's ambition is now clearly there for all to see....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
was under the impression that the football side wasn't his problem, that it was his personal life that made him unsettled here.

Playing a part in a successful team will be the thing that helps more than any change of manager. Hopefully Gus will bring this success, and that will lead to Murray becoming more settled.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My understanding of things is that Murray's wife/girlfriend can't settle down here.

To those of you calling him a wanker for wanting a leave, consider this: if you took a better paid job hundreds of miles away from your family, & once you got there your wife just couldn't cope with things, what would you do?

Tell her she's being a silly cow & to stop snivelling before you dump her; or try your best to fix the situation, even if it meant upping sticks again & making the move back closer to home.

Everyone has family commitments, even footballers.

Mannyman

Oct 26, 2009
Take it none of you lot saw my last post on Murray.......news from the North was he did want to try and get a transfer back up to be nearer his son but he is not with the mother.......he is trying to settle down there now and has a new GF so why dont you all help him do that. He's a good guy and will do so well for you - he was class when playing up here

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My understanding of things is that Murray's wife/girlfriend can't settle down here.

To those of you calling him a wanker for wanting a leave, consider this: if you took a better paid job hundreds of miles away from your family, & once you got there your wife just couldn't cope with things, what would you do?

Tell her she's being a silly cow & to stop snivelling before you dump her; or try your best to fix the situation, even if it meant upping sticks again & making the move back closer to home.

I thought she has already been dumped, but he wants to see his kid, which she took back t'up North with her

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
there's more of us than you think - we just don't get as hysterical as the Murray haters....

How about piping up next time I'm being ganged up on by the thickets eh?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Take it none of you lot saw my last post on Murray.......news from the North was he did want to try and get a transfer back up to be nearer his son but he is not with the mother.......he is trying to settle down there now and has a new GF so why dont you all help him do that. He's a good guy and will do so well for you - he was class when playing up here

Word.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

That is a crying shame. All football views aside the guy should be cut some slack on this.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ill start by saying I think Gus is a good choice.

But how is getting in a man who has not managed a club before showing massive ambition?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ill start by saying I think Gus is a good choice.

But how is getting in a man who has not managed a club before showing massive ambition?

Wrong thread, perhaps?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House

Exactly. A new Manager isnt going to change the fact that he wants to leave for those reasons. That doesnt make him a big time charlie or whatever it makes him a person who wants to leave a job for perefectly good reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here