• Glenn Murray

Votes: 97 77.0%

• Total voters

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I am fully aware that most emergency loans have this option but the Dobbie transfer is different. We have all but officially signed him on a perm deal and a gentleman's agreement is in place where he cannot be recalled. The fact it is processed as an emergency loan is to get by the clause that stops a player playing permantley for 3 clubs in 1 season.

So you're saying that both clubs have broken the rules regarding emergency loans? Whilst it would be no surprise for your lot I'd be amazed if we had tbh. If we end up short of strikers Dobs will be recalled. He won't be available for the playoffs either as the loan expires before them.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So you're saying that both clubs have broken the rules regarding emergency loans? Whilst it would be no surprise for your lot I'd be amazed if we had tbh. If we end up short of strikers Dobs will be recalled. He won't be available for the playoffs either as the loan expires before them.

No rule breaking, just an exploitation of a loophole.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I am fully aware that most emergency loans have this option but the Dobbie transfer is different. We have all but officially signed him on a perm deal and a gentleman's agreement is in place where he cannot be recalled. The fact it is processed as an emergency loan is to get by the clause that stops a player playing permantley for 3 clubs in 1 season.

Mmmmm. An agreement to pay us in the future that involves Crystal Palace. We need to be careful here.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
And Doobie is available for us for the play-off semi's, as long as the opponent is not Albion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

He'll be available for playoff semis as there's a sneaky period in the middle between 2 matches ( I think between March 2 and 9) where technically he returns to us before the loan is extended. But in reality he stays training with palace. I don't think it was possible to do similar for the final, although I may be wrong. He can't play against us though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Here is a stat for you, there is only one player who has scored more league goals that Glenn Murray across every league in Europe, he goes by the name of Messi....

View attachment 39702

The difference is Messi and Ronaldo wouldn't even let Murray clean their boots.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Here is a stat for you, there is only one player who has scored more league goals that Glenn Murray across every league in Europe, he goes by the name of Messi....

View attachment 39702

That's actually an interesting table because 1. it shows just how far ahead Messi is in the goalscoring and 2. because Zlatan is yet agin scoring for fun with yet another club and will, no doubt win the league title for, seemingly, the 28th year in succession. I wonder why a Premier League side never shelled out for him?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

View attachment 39702

Do hope Gus is out scouting Israel - that Atar looks a player with those stats or at a push Lyle Taylor. What a pointless table

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Ulloa.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Murray has struggled abominably to reach 30, I can't remember when he last scored a hat-trick. Shoddy goods, we should ask for our money back.

Oh wait....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here