Glenn Murray or CMS?

• CMS

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Glenn Murray

Votes: 97 77.0%

• Total voters

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
All Members Cup Round 2 Tuesday night kick off . 2 months previous, same fixture in League One 4,500 more in the crowd.

However, last year you got 5k in the Carling Cup against Middlesbro - both teams in Championship. A few games later in same cup you were claiming a 22k sell out (although it wasn't).:D Plastic fantastics.
I was reading the BBS and stumbled across tht figure, you however seem to have our attendances etc up your sleeve. Are you a plastic Palace fan?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This we don't create chances bugs me
The Football League | Stats | Club Shooting (not sure how up to date it is)

The simple fact is we don't take them, the service (creation of chances) is not the problem

In 90 minutes v Hull, not one single clear cut chance carved out for CMS or Ulloa and there are a number of other games this season when CMS has not had a clear opportunity. We have not got World Class strikers who can turn half-chances into goals. They need a decent number of chances ( like all other strikers at this level )
Murray got two on Saturday but also missed two sitters. It doesn't matter when players like Zaha are creating plenty of chances. If the ratio is high enough, the goals will follow.
I stick with my argument that we don't create enough chances for our front men.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In 90 minutes v Hull, not one single clear cut chance carved out for CMS or Ulloa and there are a number of other games this season when CMS has not had a clear opportunity. We have not got World Class strikers who can turn half-chances into goals. They need a decent number of chances ( like all other strikers at this level )
Murray got two on Saturday but also missed two sitters. It doesn't matter when players like Zaha are creating plenty of chances. If the ratio is high enough, the goals will follow.
I stick with my argument that we don't create enough chances for our front men.

I would argue that they are not good enough for the chances we provide them

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're actually criticising a player that has scored 26 league goals in 29 appearances? :rolleyes:

He is a goal poacher , anything that goes in from outside the 18 yard box is good.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Murray is having his ' once in a career ' season and will top 30 goals comfortably. Everything is coming together for him and he is getting goals laid on a plate for him by the talented Zaha. He won't have Zaha around next season, so the supply line will start to dry up.
A lot of strikers have a one-off golden season when their confidence is high. It wasn't that long ago that CMS rattled in 35+ for Posh, when chances were being laid on a plate by Boyd and McCann. Garry Nelson got 32 for us in one season but struggled to make double figures most years.
Murray would have struggled to reach 15 with us as the service would have been so much poorer ( and thats why CMS doesn't get more! ) but some of you out there just want to slag the player off without employing a few brain cells and trying to work out why his return isn't higher.

Could not agree more the idea that he would have scored those 26 goals in our system is quite frankly ridiculous

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Murray is having his ' once in a career ' season and will top 30 goals comfortably. Everything is coming together for him and he is getting goals laid on a plate for him by the talented Zaha. He won't have Zaha around next season, so the supply line will start to dry up.
A lot of strikers have a one-off golden season when their confidence is high. It wasn't that long ago that CMS rattled in 35+ for Posh, when chances were being laid on a plate by Boyd and McCann. Garry Nelson got 32 for us in one season but struggled to make double figures most years.
Murray would have struggled to reach 15 with us as the service would have been so much poorer ( and thats why CMS doesn't get more! ) but some of you out there just want to slag the player off without employing a few brain cells and trying to work out why his return isn't higher.

That was in League 1, he could not repeat it for them at Championship level, nor will he ever for us. The guy is a lower league striker who has the first touch of a rapist, and runs all over the place like a headless chicken, but cannot position himself like for example Barnes does. How many easy chances does the guy either shoot down the keeper's throat, or high and wide?

Letting Murray go for nothing was stupid enough in itself (as it was obvious he was worth money, even if we Poyet simply signed him then sold him), replacing him with CMS was off the scale!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I would argue that they are not good enough for the chances we provide them

So who exactly was the striker up top in "our system" when we actually did well with it in League 1? "Our system" has failed to provide any results on a consistant basis without Murray. You could argue that "our system" is ineffective without Murray, or a decent replacement which Poyet has failed to find in two years (jury out on the Argie, but not looking the right answer so far).

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So who exactly was the striker up top in "our system" when we actually did well with it in League 1? "Our system" has failed to provide any results on a consistant basis without Murray. You could argue that "our system" is ineffective without Murray, or a decent replacement which Poyet has failed to find in two years (jury out on the Argie, but not looking the right answer so far).

I would say the biggest loss was Bennett who not only managed 8 goals in league one but more importantly contributed 19 assists and was a massive contributor towards murrays tally that season. Murray showed last season that without service he is not anywhere near as effective and it is also little surprise that with Bolasie and Zaha on both wings he is thriving on a much better service this term.

Our problem this season is we don't fashion enough clear chances for our strikers which makes the ones missed seem more costly. Compare this to palace where Murray is getting cross after cross into the box. Letting him go is without doubt a mistake but then all clubs make them with players (look no further than Bridcutt). Personally I think (had he stayed) we would have seen the Murray of last season more than the Murray of this term purely down to the number of chances we create but we will never know and what is done is done.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
He is a goal poacher , anything that goes in from outside the 18 yard box is good.

Goal poachers are the best strikers you can get, you know why? Cause they score goals :p
Anyway, Glenda has scored some crackers this season, Derby at home (brilliant run and finish) Forest away (sublime header) and last Saturdays game to name three.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is this bet actually about? I see it mentioned so many times and you lot say he does and he says he does not? whats it concerning etc?

All in this thread, Glenn-Murray using his alternative Seaside login.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?260847-Next-Bolton-Manager-odds!!!!!/page6

I'll offer 20/1 to any takers. Dougie will not leave Palace for any club outside the Premiership.

I'll put a tenner on that. So if that does happen, you have to put £200 to REMF! If not, I'll donate a tenner to REMF :)

We can make it 50-1 if you'd like? Dougie will not be Bolton's manager. Anyone with a brain can see that. I'm sure they'd love to get him, but he's currently negotiating a new contract with us. This is handy leverage for him, but he won't be going anywhere.

It won't cost me a penny as he's not going anywhere. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be receiving any pound coins.

Do you think he'll have the guts to post here again?

Sadly the tedious, arrogant no-mark can't keep away. He may even also be another user, 'COYP', who posts very similar drivel.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Goal poachers are the best strikers you can get, you know why? Cause they score goals :p
Anyway, Glenda has scored some crackers this season, Derby at home (brilliant run and finish) Forest away (sublime header) and last Saturdays game to name three.
If you can't get a decent replacement for Winifred his poaching won't be as successful plus there is always the risk he scores too many goals and ends up going to a Premier League side willing to pay him £25k a week.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
All in this thread, Glenn-Murray using his alternative Seaside login.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?260847-Next-Bolton-Manager-odds!!!!!/page6

Sadly the tedious, arrogant no-mark can't keep away. He may even also be another user, 'COYP', who posts very similar drivel.

If that is the only thread that these bets were being taken then my view of it is this. [MENTION=12817]Philzo-93[/MENTION] offered £10 at 20/1, [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] came back with you can have fifty's etc. So seaside owes £500. Im not sure where thousands that are mentioned come from though. If he is still on this board then frankly ban the tosser as he is an embarrassment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If that is the only thread that these bets were being taken then my view of it is this. [MENTION=12817]Philzo-93[/MENTION] offered £10 at 20/1, [MENTION=24994]Seaside[/MENTION] came back with you can have fifty's etc. So seaside owes £500. Im not sure where thousands that are mentioned come from though. If he is still on this board then frankly ban the tosser as he is an embarrassment.

You are right as far as I can see. Just the one bet.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
for Christ's sake he has gone
he plays for another team
he did not want to stay with the Albion
so FFS get over it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here