Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray & Anthony Knockaert wages

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The National Minimum Wage across the United Kingdom, currently £7.50 per hour for workers aged over 25, £7.05 per hour for workers aged 21 to 24 and £5.60 per hour for workers aged 18 to 20.

Guessing they are on more than that, but it is a guess.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Do they? News to me.

Come on it has been a major topic of debate on these forums in the past.

How can little plucky Bournemouth afford decent players whith such a small ground etc..

They must be paying them mega bucks and its all unsustainable blah blah. Defoes on 120k a week according to some on here...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm surprised everybody on here seems to knows the Bournemouth players salaries especially Defoes, but nobody knows about Brightons top player earners. The Irony.....
Really? I'd not seen it mentioned much, I can't imagine many people would be arsed, tbh.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

How can little plucky Bournemouth afford decent players whith such a small ground etc..

They must be paying them mega bucks and its all unsustainable blah blah. Defoes on 120k a week according to some on here...

AFCB wages have been much more of a media focus than ours though haven't they and some people take what they read as fact. A deal for Defoe is going to attract far greater attention than whatever Muzza's payrise was.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hey guys,

Quick question - Does anyone know what wages Glenn Murray & Anthony Knockaert are on?

Yes

as well as the players themselves

their accountants and agents, HMRC, and no doubt Bloom, Barber and CH,

outside of that small circle, who cares and why the desire to know.

As a complete guess I would suspect that they are in the higher tax bracket and don't receive any tax credits

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
OP spelt their names correctly.
Can't be an Albion fan then.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
AFCB wages have been much more of a media focus than ours though haven't they and some people take what they read as fact. A deal for Defoe is going to attract far greater attention than whatever Muzza's payrise was.

Fair point.

I blame the media for spouting rubbish as if its actual fact when most of the time it is way off.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Do you have access to a sub-forum that we can't see or something?

Or are you referencing one thread made about 2 months ago? "Major topic of debate" do me a favour.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Why, more importantly? Are you from HMRC and trying to catch them out on Tax dodging?

I believe Knocky is French and, therefore, most likely a French Tax domicile - therefore HMRC won't ever chase a foreigner for underpaid tax, they will simply report earnings and tax deductions to the "Direction Générale des Impôts" [French equivalent of HMRC] - if they think he's dodging, it will be them that come knocking.

Muzza, on the other hand, could be fair-game for HMRC ....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

But you said 'everybody on here' was talking about Defoe's salary, whereas I suspect in reality it was a handful.

As for the amount he is being paid at plucky little Bournemouth, I suspect the few who mentioned it picked it from a newspaper, such as the Mirror.

Hardly anyone has been discussing at length the salaries paid to other plucky little Bournemouth players on an individual basis to my knowledge.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jermain-defoe-bournemouth-three-years-10486174

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Murray: £74,976
Knockaert: £84,532

Just having a quick rummage in the payroll files:

Murray: Currently £32,750 per week basic. His P60 to 5th April 2017 gave a gross of £1,083,374.89, but please bear in mind that wasn't a full 12 months.

Knockaert: Currently £38,500 per week basic. His P60 to 5th April 2017 gave a gross of £1,400,000.00.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just having a quick rummage in the payroll files:

Murray: Currently £32,750 per week basic. His P60 to 5th April 2017 gave a gross of £1,083,374.89, but please bear in mind that wasn't a full 12 months.

Knockaert: Currently £38,500 per week basic. His P60 to 5th April 2017 gave a gross of £1,400,000.00.
Great.

Thread closed.

Hope the OP has some figures for their agenda now.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Plucky little Bournemouth - desperate for a rivalry....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm surprised everybody on here seems to knows the Bournemouth players salaries especially Defoes, but nobody knows about Brightons top player earners. The Irony.....

I'm guessing that most Brighton fans can't even name any Bournemouth players except for Defoe, let alone care what wages they are on. A couple of things matey, you might want to take that petty resentment of yours to fans of a club who give a toss about Bournemouth (Saints? Pompey? Winchester?) and secondly, please learn what irony means...and what it doesn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here