Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Rea

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I wouldnt think that we are entitled to insert any sell on clause as he is no longer our player so any contract between him and another club is purely that nothing to do with us. I may well be wrong but that is my opinion.

BG ; Half these rules and regulations in place in the premier league and football leagues around the world would never stand up in court anywhere in the world. The clubs abide by them or they would be thrown out of the League.

If some individual footballer stood up and challenged a lot of them then they would probably win hands down in the courts, That's virtually what Jean-Marc Bosman did which changed football employment laws forever

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When Steve Foster challenged the FA in the courts in 1983 the judge decreed that by joining an organisation like the FL you agreed to abide by their laws and as such they were autonomous and could not be challenged in court and expect their decisions to be overturned or ruled illegal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How come there was no news about this earlier ???

It is a good question.

Maybe he will be included when the club publish their article on the retain/release details of the development squad players? (Even though it was reported at the start of the season that he was now considered part of the first team squad).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It is a good question.

Maybe he will be included when the club publish their article on the retain/release details of the development squad players? (Even though it was reported at the start of the season that he was now considered part of the first team squad).

Any news yet ???

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I see that Glen has now officially reversed his forename and surname:-

[TWEET]773181484278644736[/TWEET]

el punal

This is os sad to read we bemoan we have no talent coming through from Development squad and it appears as soon as we do they are moved on!!!!!!watch harper hambo chicksen tilley etc they never seem to be given a fair crack of the whip!!!!!cook and elphick spring to mind, why dont we wait until preseason and see how they perform then

I agree with you up to a point, and the point is if the current first team players (in the relevant positions) are playing exceptionally well, and are also injury free, then it is very difficult to replace them with potentially good but untested development squad members.

The situation with Cook and Elphick is the perfect example. At the time, Greer and El-Abd were a fearsome centre back partnership and it would have seemed foolish to have replaced either of them while they were at the top of their game.

The positive note in all of this is that when the opportunity arose both March and Goldson prospered. Long may that continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here