Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Rea contract extension to 2016

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Argus reports today that Glen Rea will be travelling to the French Alps tomorrow as part of a 25-man squad, and is considered by Hughton to be a regular member of the first team squad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's good news, slightly disappointed Charlie Harris not included, especially given his performances for the Dev Squad last season and he shone in the friendly in Spain last year.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Always good to see a youngster step up from the development squad, it's the way ahead :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The Argus reports today that Glen Rea will be travelling to the French Alps tomorrow as part of a 25-man squad, and is considered by Hughton to be a regular member of the first team squad.

James Tilley and Jess Starkey also likely to be on the plane.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What position is Ben White? I have not heard of him before or certainly not noticed him on the few reports I read last season

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Interesting to see how Rea does. I know he's moved to defensive midfield from central defence but I'd say he'd be more likely to get a game in the latter. At the moment, we only have Dunk and Greer as centre backs and, if Naylor's 3 or 4 more signings is about right, I think only 1 of those will be a centre back. That leaves us with three (not enough in my view) so will Rea fill in there even if he plays more in central midfield now? With Holla, Ince, Kayal, Stephens and Crofts all options, it's hard to see him getting in the team (or even the squad) in defensive midfield.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Interesting to see how Rea does. I know he's moved to defensive midfield from central defence but I'd say he'd be more likely to get a game in the latter. At the moment, we only have Dunk and Greer as centre backs and, if Naylor's 3 or 4 more signings is about right, I think only 1 of those will be a centre back. That leaves us with three (not enough in my view) so will Rea fill in there even if he plays more in central midfield now? With Holla, Ince, Kayal, Stephens and Crofts all options, it's hard to see him getting in the team (or even the squad) in defensive midfield.

Seems logical that a youth player will step up to fill the Hughes role / be cover, especially given the money invested into youth development. If you want to attract the better prospects you need to show them that there is a chance to progress into the youth team. Will also be interesting to see what chances new development squad signings Daniel Akindayini and Joe Ward get in the coming months.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tilley and White are both from u-18's rather than DS. Impressive to have leapfrogged their older rivals although in White's case maybe he is making up the numbers for training games rather than disrupt the DS preseason by taking Dallison or Pappoe.
From the youngsters on standby you might guess we are hoping to have a winger and a centre back join the squad.
Conjecture of course.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Tilley and White are both from u-18's rather than DS. Impressive to have leapfrogged their older rivals although in White's case maybe he is making up the numbers for training games rather than disrupt the DS preseason by taking Dallison or Pappoe.
From the youngsters on standby you might guess we are hoping to have a winger and a centre back join the squad.
Conjecture of course.

I am pretty sure Pappoe was released and was having a trial at Carlisle United

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am pretty sure Pappoe was released and was having a trial at Carlisle United

Thanks missed that but for some reason the club seem reluctant to be informative about matters below first team level.
Have to admit I find it a little odd that having invested so much in the future we seem to feel that minimal information is enough. If fans ran the club we would know about every facet at every level but clearly that isn't the case.
Anyway. Back on topic,,,,,,,,,,,

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks missed that but for some reason the club seem reluctant to be informative about matters below first team level.
Have to admit I find it a little odd that having invested so much in the future we seem to feel that minimal information is enough. If fans ran the club we would know about every facet at every level but clearly that isn't the case.

I totally agree. I think it is piss poor tbh. Even if they had a microsite added on to give a bigger coverage of the Dev squad would be better than we have now

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
What happened to that striker we signed from Chelsea? I remember being cheered because he had a bit of height; all the DS strikers seemed to be rather on the small side - I remember George Barker trying to compete with two absolute meathead centre halves from Everton in the FA Youth Cup and unsurprisingly getting nowhere. Got injured, didn't he? Does anyone know if he's back to fitness?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Keep an eye on Simon Ireland. Smashing bloke, But as a very smart ex-employee previously in charge of whatever they care to call the youth squad nowadays, he KNOWS who our top prospects are and will have them all firmly in his notebook, ripe for cherry-picking by his current or future employers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
S

Very much with you on this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here