Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury live

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Best voice I've ever heard live and I love that she did it all in a hoody and jeans, as if she'd just rolled out of her tent for a quick walk to the fag stall. Probably the best festival gig I've ever seen, although I was pretty ratted

Glasto this year Mr B? Nice work if you can get it. :thumbsup:

ps Saw some of the mighty PH set on the box & was utterly blown away by Beth & the gang. Stunning. :bowdown:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Taylor SMASHED the solo in Midnight Rambler. Makes me extremely excited to see them next saturday!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Thought the Portishead set was stunning.
Jagger's energy would put men in their 20's to shame.
Thought the Deap Vally set was good and great to see Lydon giving his usual value-for-money performance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else want to admit to really enjoying the Kenny Rogers set?? Pretty good for 75 year old even if the voice is fading

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Anyone else want to admit to really enjoying the Kenny Rogers set?? Pretty good for 75 year old even if the voice is fading

More than happy to. From what I've seen from the telly this year modern music seems to be full of bland dullards. Kenny Rogers has been one of the few artists I've seen that looked like he was enjoying being there as did the crowd.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

Ruby sounded a bit naff, should have kept that back til the crowd warmed up.

Always my favourite 8 pint karaoke number.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Out of interest, I don't believe that David Bowie has ever played at Glastonbury? I hoped (but did not expect) a cameo performance of Under Pressure with the Stones last night but obviously not. Wonder if he will appear in the hopefully near future.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Out of interest, I don't believe that David Bowie has ever played at Glastonbury? I hoped (but did not expect) a cameo performance of Under Pressure with the Stones last night but obviously not. Wonder if he will appear in the hopefully near future.

Why would he do that, he sang it with Freddie Mercury? Maybe you meant "Dancing in the streets" ?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Headlined in 2000

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Vampire Weekend have gone down a storm in our house - my three small boys singing along in a high-pitched kind of way to most of the songs (not the f-words, of course). Looking forward to Phoenix. Mumford & Sons will not be playing in our house tonight. Still need to watch the sets by Toy, Local Natives, Haim and someone else who I can't remember.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
You have a very good point there. Too much Leffe this afternoon. I really would like to see David Bowie live at some point. I wanted to get tickets to see the (Glass Spider?) tour in 1987 but the date at Milton Keynes Bowl clashed with my graduation on 4/7/87

Why would he do that, he sang it with Freddie Mercury? Maybe you meant "Dancing in the streets" ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You have a very good point there. Too much Leffe this afternoon. I really would like to see David Bowie live at some point. I wanted to get tickets to see the (Glass Spider?) tour in 1987 but the date at Milton Keynes Bowl clashed with my graduation on 4/7/87

Seen him live around 10 times now and his is brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here