Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury live

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is f*****g fab. The Stones are still bloody fantastic. :bowdown:

They were fantastic, a great performance. Loved that they opened up with Jumping Jack Flash which is just such a great opening tune if you want to arrive with a bang. It was also great to see so many youngsters jumping around down the front and belting out the words; good to know the youth appreciate good music.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just got back from Glastonbury. One of my performances of the festival. I saw them play a small tent on Friday and they are one of the most intense and powerful bands I have seen in years. One description I heard is "they create an atmosphere of broken glass and sharpening knives." Their album is great and I would recommend it to anyone who likes post-punk. Live they are even better.

Glad you enjoyed them. I watched their set on Saturday via App and thought it was excellent. Seem them a total of four times proper live and they just get better. Lead singer gets a bit of grief from some quarters for never smiling but that's her style. I can recommend their debut album too.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I thought Hold On by Alabama Shakes was immense!

Other bands I thought were really good were Django Django and Everything Everything.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I thought Hold On by Alabama Shakes was immense!

Other bands I thought were really good were Django Django and Everything Everything.

I saw Alabama Shakes at Hard Rock Calling yesterday. Was the first time I'd seen them and concur with the above post, they were very good. Springsteen was amazing though. I'm not a huge fan of his, but could not help but be impressed by his performance. I think he was on stage for at least 3 hours!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh do shut up Citizen Smith

Billy Bragg's Saturday lunch time main stage performance was great, and included a nice cover of The Stones' Dead Flowers.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Does anybody else find it a tad boring, as all I seemed to hear on 6Music was reporters telling us how good such and such a band was, without playing any of their set? I realise they can't play too much live, or people wouldn't go, but it seems to have become a bit of a jolly for the DJs ???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Does anybody else find it a tad boring, as all I seemed to hear on 6Music was reporters telling us how good such and such a band was, without playing any of their set? I realise they can't play too much live, or people wouldn't go, but it seems to have become a bit of a jolly for the DJs ???

Dont think a bit of live coverage in 6Music would affect ticket sales somehow... especially as there was live video streamed from the main stages on the Beeb website.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

I love all the coverage, but i get a little tired of every band being "incredible", "astonishing", etc - unless it's a band i like and i agree, of course.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I love all the coverage, but i get a little tired of every band being "incredible", "astonishing", etc - unless it's a band i like and i agree, of course.

It would be the equivalent of Alan Hansen being duty bound to complement all Premier League defending regardless of how terrible or otherwise it was.

For my money I saw 2 genuinely astonishing performances (Portishead & F*** Buttons) and a whole host of very good ones, albeit on the television coverage.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Maybe you should listen to someone other than Zane Low then? :smile:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Maybe you should listen to someone other than Zane Low then? :smile:

My wife likes him, despite acknowledging he's an idiot. But Lauren Laverne and Mark Radcliffe are also over-enthusing now. Still haven't got round to watching Phoenix yet - reviews were good - I'm sure they will be phenomenally staggering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here