Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury alternative

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Having been a slave to Glastonbury for the last 8 yrs we are looking for an alternative this yr.not worried about the dance tents as we're not as youthful as we think,
Looking to go to Hop Farm as a local,low key festival but there seems very little info with photos of the site/general vibe of the place.festival web site is pretty basic..
Anyone got any info or advice,thanks in advance.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Having been a slave to Glastonbury for the last 8 yrs we are looking for an alternative this yr.not worried about the dance tents as we're not as youthful as we think,
Looking to go to Hop Farm as a local,low key festival but there seems very little info with photos of the site/general vibe of the place.festival web site is pretty basic..
Anyone got any info or advice,thanks in advance.

Trouble with the Hop Farm is it's very open so if the wind is up the sound is awful. Last couple of years (Prince aside) the ticket sales haven't been very good so they've practically given the tickets away a couple of weeks before hand. Given the line up this year I can see that being the case again.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Isle of Wight is a nice chilled out festival- effectively a cleaner and smaller version of Glasto.
Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers headlining this year- there's a couple of other tents with stuff like Magnetic Man, Groove Armada and Crystal Castles on as well.
Haven't been too blown away by the line-up for the last few years but the atmosphere always makes it a good weekend.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
End of the Road festival is great, went a couple of years ago and going back again this year. Great mixture of festival goers and really relaxed atmosphere. Some good bands this year especially Beach House and Grizzly Bear. Totally recommended :)

jacknsk

Jan 1, 2012
I was contemplating Hop Farm this year but I was really dissapointed with the line-up!! Last year they had Morrissey playing there; so I was expecting someone like that :-(

Saying that, I would give Latitude in Suffolk a look, I think it looks pretty tidy but it depends on what sort of thing your looking for- looks more chilled out than most others.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Weyfest - very small but cool

Guilfest - line up varies in quality year to year but larger than Weyfest

Cornbury (I think) in oxfordshire - Elvis Costello headlining Sat night!!:guitar:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Green man Brecon beacons will be wet for sure and very f***ing nicelly wierd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here