Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I imagine a fair few have been crouched over their keyboards this morning as the ticket lottery for next year went online at 9am.

I am in the lucky, stress free position of having a perennial job there, so no worries here (he said, smugly).

So who got tickets?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Failed this year, oh well.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Clashes with Euro 24, of course, which will be annoying IF England do well.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
What’s this Glastonbury you refer you? I heard it was something to do with songs from the hit parade?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Didn't bother. It's got so big now that it no longer has what made it special. Just another bucket list item for many now. Shame, there was nothing quite like it up until around 10 years ago.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Didn't bother. It's got so big now that it no longer has what made it special. Just another bucket list item for many now. Shame, there was nothing quite like it up until around 10 years ago.
It may or may not have been better ten years ago.

In my opinion there is still nothing quite like it. It's my favourite week of the year and remains incredibly special to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It may or may not have been better ten years ago.

In my opinion there is still nothing quite like it. It's my favourite week of the year and remains incredibly special to me.
66DEED9D-A38D-4D22-90CA-02227E104C14.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And line-up isn’t very good, I’m not into Taylor Swift and Harry Styles.

(Ignoring the fact there’s 598 other acts on over the 4-5 days)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
How did you get them on Thursday?
Coach tickets! It was the quickest I've been able to snag tickets before, bought within 5 minutes of the queue opening.

I see a lot of moaning online this year about people part of groups that were able to get through several times and buy tens of tickets. It seems like it you got through once it was quite likely you would get through again. Also others who seem to be able to do some shenanigans by pointing their browser at a specific seetickets IP address and get straight through to the purchase page over and over again.

Not sure how you would possibly make it fairer though, I'd be interested in seeing how a lottery system could work but I think overall the current system that rewards preparation and persistence is preferable. They need to iron out any kinks in the system that allows people to bypass the queue though.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Coach tickets! It was the quickest I've been able to snag tickets before, bought within 5 minutes of the queue opening.

I see a lot of moaning online this year about people part of groups that were able to get through several times and buy tens of tickets. It seems like it you got through once it was quite likely you would get through again. Also others who seem to be able to do some shenanigans by pointing their browser at a specific seetickets IP address and get straight through to the purchase page over and over again.

Not sure how you would possibly make it fairer though, I'd be interested in seeing how a lottery system could work but I think overall the current system that rewards preparation and persistence is preferable. They need to iron out any kinks in the system that allows people to bypass the queue though.
Loyalty points surely🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here