[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was there!

Didn't do drugs, and wasn't bothered enough about booze in those days to take any with me - I just went for the music - but I still don't remember seeing several of those acts! Bloody good two days though, huddled under a polythene sheet in the thunderstorm!

It was and I also don't recall all of them. Pink Floyd came on in the early hours. We were invited to join some people who had the foresight to bring a large polythene sheet
so if that was you, many thanks :) Definitely a wonderful experience yet I never went to another festival. Mostly due to work commitments.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was and I also don't recall all of them. Pink Floyd came on in the early hours. We were invited to join some people who had the foresight to bring a large polythene sheet
so if that was you, many thanks :) Definitely a wonderful experience yet I never went to another festival. Mostly due to work commitments.
Missed Pink Floyd - well, almost all of them. They woke me up (just after I'd gone to sleep) - I cursed whoever it was that woke me up and went back to sleep again - it was only the next morning I was told what I had missed!
And sorry - wasn't me that gave you shelter from the storm - I was far too pre-occuied under my polythene sheet with the girl I'd taken to the festival with me!

I did go to a couple more festivals that year, including the Isle of Wight (where I didn't even know I'd seen the Moody Blues until I saw their performance on Youtube, many years later!) Apart from small local festivals (like afternoons in the park) and a visit to Cropredy in the 90s, like you that was it for festivals for me - at least for the next 40 odd years, when I had a couple of gigs on one of the very small stages at the Wychwood Festival and a visit to the Two Thousand Trees Festival for my daughter's wedding! Festivals are very different these days, even apart from featuring artistes that I've mostly never heard of!

Last edited:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
My fondest Glastonbury memory was on the way there. It was early 80’s and spent a few pre festival days at Stonehenge. I can recall Hawkwind, what seemed to be miles of open fires on summer solstice night and the rest, I hope you can understand, was and is a blur!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Gutted I didn't get tickets for this year, although managed to see most I wanted to see already. If anyone is at a loose end go see the Cool Greenhouse who open Williams Green on the Friday at 11.30, thats my tip. Fontaines on the other stage will be superb, saw them three times when I went in 2019, they were just on a cusp of a wave then after releasing Dogrel. I only saw Vampire Weekend on the mainstage that year as there was so much on the smaller stages, got a lot of questions about my 'Gaetan Bong Football Genius' flag as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gutted I didn't get tickets for this year, although managed to see most I wanted to see already. If anyone is at a loose end go see the Cool Greenhouse who open Williams Green on the Friday at 11.30, thats my tip. Fontaines on the other stage will be superb, saw them three times when I went in 2019, they were just on a cusp of a wave then after releasing Dogrel.

Saw Fontaines DC at Victorious last year, thought they were decent.

The singer was acting like a massive bellend next to me at side-stage during Royal Blood though.

Asked numerous times by the sound guys to get his lit cigarettes away from all the electrical equipment, continually refused.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now 4 years into being a dad, I'm starting to REALLY miss live music/festivals and the energy around them.

Is it sad that I hope my son might want to do festivals with me when he's old enough? Last thing I want to be is an embarrassing Dad trying to hang out with his son if it's not wanted.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Glass Animals for me. Superb live act.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Now 4 years into being a dad, I'm starting to REALLY miss live music/festivals and the energy around them.

Is it sad that I hope my son might want to do festivals with me when he's old enough? Last thing I want to be is an embarrassing Dad trying to hang out with his son if it's not wanted.

I think with the founding of the 'Radio Six Dad' the demographics of Audiences at festivals is getting older, you are just as likely to bump into a 50 year old bloke at the back of a Black Midi gig, as you are an 18 year old. I took my mum to Victorious last year to the same day you spoke of previously, she loves Fontaines D.C. I remember seeing Slaves at Glastonbury in 2017 and it struck me how to mosh pit was full of people of all ages, from similar age to me, to dads in trilby hats. Although I slipped over in the mosh pit of Black Midi at Primavera this year, and it absolutely finished me off. What made me laugh though was someone shouted 'be careful, that old guy has fallen over', I'm 25. So maybe I'm too old for mosh pits.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

We started going with ours five years ago when he was ten. We go to Green Man and End of the Road, which are both much smaller, more intimate affairs. He's been perfectly happy with us, but no idea how long that will last for. At present, if we go out together near home, he'll walk apart from us, not wanting to be seen by a friend or schoolmate with parent/s.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Hang in there Mellotron, if you are like me and the wife, you will play lots of music around the house and your son will have a healthy intrest in it. We have taken turns in going to either gigs or festivals, dependent on who is playing and school etc. As others have said take him to small local festivals even if just for a day. We have taken our 12 year old daughter to the Brighton centre to see The Specials and had tickets for Sleater Kinney which my wife was taking her to see in Camden and Adam Ant this Friday in Brighton, but both cancelled. I have taken her to see a pscyhobilly band play in Brighton and she was allowed to stay for the first hour, as she stood at the back with mum, while dad went in the pit !!

I am not sure I would want to take her to a major festival as I am not sure it is the place for young girls, and she has a wide and varied taste in music so, to go to a pscyhobilly or rockabilly festival would actually be detrimental and put her off, or worse still she might get into the scene and then I would worry !!

The sheer size of Glastonbury would worry me, with a minor, you know what they are like at this age, very forgetful, forever on the phone and never answer the bloody thing if you call them. I could see her getting lost, and it would just give me a nervous breakdown, unable to relax. Maybe when she is 15/16 I would contemplate going with her to a festival if she wanted to go, I would never force or coerce her into it. So in short there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I am at Glastonbury, and it is already magnificent. I never, ever want to go home.

My son is here with his mates (he’s 25) and it has been lovely to meet up on several occasions already.

We did smaller festivals with the kids from about six years old. They always loved it and are now really pleased to be with us as much as possible. My son is proud that I’m here too, and his mates are like my mates.

Not yet, [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], but soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports