Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2014

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Has anyone driven before? Whats the parking situation like?

Parking is fine, the later you get there then generally you are further away. Get there Weds and you may queue for a hour or so as more and more people turn up early.

Gerenerally I find parking in the West car park more compfortable as it is a flat walk in/out. The east has a fairly steep hill and at the end of 5 days of no sleeping I just can't face that. They may have changed this though.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Parking is fine, the later you get there then generally you are further away. Get there Weds and you may queue for a hour or so as more and more people turn up early.

Gerenerally I find parking in the West car park more compfortable as it is a flat walk in/out. The east has a fairly steep hill and at the end of 5 days of no sleeping I just can't face that. They may have changed this though.

We are getting there Thursday morning so guesss just park where we can.

I hear there a large queue to get out on Monday...

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
We are getting there Thursday morning so guesss just park where we can.

I hear there a large queue to get out on Monday...

You will be fine, just be prepared for a bit of a walk. Lots of people take trolleys etc

Generally the later you get there the easier it is to get out on the Monday. I got there early and parked right by the main ticket exchange. Did take 2.5 hours to get off site then but generally I have been off sie inside of 30 minutes of getting to my car.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Parking is pretty easy, but later you arrive more chance you have walking for miles to find a camp spot. I would advice arriving at 5am Wednesday morning and start queuing :eek: Either way the queue and walk is fairly painful but worth it in the end. Still gutted i didn't get a ticket this year.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Has anyone got the Big Lemon bus from Brighton to Glastonbury before?

Some of my friends got the bus combo ticket and some others aren't driving there until Friday afternoon (I'm not even considering that idea). So I'm trying to figure out the best way for me to get there. Bus, train or a car share website are my 3 options....Tricky.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Has anyone got the Big Lemon bus from Brighton to Glastonbury before?

Some of my friends got the bus combo ticket and some others aren't driving there until Friday afternoon (I'm not even considering that idea). So I'm trying to figure out the best way for me to get there. Bus, train or a car share website are my 3 options....Tricky.
We may have a place in the car if you dont mind chipping in for parking ticket and petrol?

We aiming to leave early Thursday morning and come back early Monday morning.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
One more week grafting my arse off then away we go. Driving to Bristol on the Tuesday, staying at a friends then going Wednesday morning. Excited isn't even the word!!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
So who got tickets?

Who are we keen to see?

The rumours of the Gallagher brothers are getting stronger. Apparently they called a truce at a cousins wedding and there is some talk about them opening an indie bar/restaurant together.....would be a perfect place for a comeback!

:rock:

Me, Mrs H and H junior are guests of Live Nation. Looking forward to seeing Jurasic 5, Manics, Dolly, George Ezra and Fat White Family.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
This is my 6th on the trott and still like a kid a Christmas

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Wonder if metalica will bring that dead bear with them

Pretty poor effort really by the great unwashed. The picture is actually of hunter Doug Giles and was taken in June 2010, showing him with a Brown Bear he shot in Prince William Sound, Alaska.

I love most of their music but there are more valid criticisms. For example they actually had a point about downloads but went about it in a totally unnecessarily aggressive manner. And let's not forget the hideous St Anger album and related the self indulgent navel gazing psycho babble nonsense documentary ' Some Kind Of Monster'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pretty poor effort really by the great unwashed. The picture is actually of hunter Doug Giles and was taken in June 2010, showing him with a Brown Bear he shot in Prince William Sound, Alaska.

I love most of their music but there are more valid criticisms. For example they actually had a point about downloads but went about it in a totally unnecessarily aggressive manner. And let's not forget the hideous St Anger album and related the self indulgent navel gazing psycho babble nonsense documentary ' Some Kind Of Monster'

I've just seen the alleged photo. If it is the photo that was used in the Daily Mail then it clearly is not him.....the total lack of tattoos makes it pretty obvious.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
We may have a place in the car if you dont mind chipping in for parking ticket and petrol?

We aiming to leave early Thursday morning and come back early Monday morning.

Sorry just spotted this! Booked on the Lemon bus, leaving on Wednesday. I can't wait!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm all packed and think I've gone a bit overboard - my bag weighs a tonne and then I have another bag FULL of cider.

I'm so excited!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here