Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glasto 2016

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Good shout for next year's Legend slot - Roy Wood. :rock:

Great shout, but have Sparks ever played the legends spot, I love Sparks.
Anyhows, back to ELO, I agree with what has been said, so if you are a fan and you have not watched the Radio 2 Hyde Park gig, then do so, it was so much better including the weather and the audience of 1000's were all tuned into ELO and Jeff was, in turn, much more responsive, that performance showed how good they really are.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Great shout, but have Sparks ever played the legends spot, I love Sparks.
Anyhows, back to ELO, I agree with what has been said, so if you are a fan and you have not watched the Radio 2 Hyde Park gig, then do so, it was so much better including the weather and the audience of 1000's were all tuned into ELO and Jeff was, in turn, much more responsive, that performance showed how good they really are.
Yes, I was at Hyde Park and it was awesome under a night sky.

Just back from working The Park Stage. Had to leave early to get to my next job.
My highlights have to be Richard Hawley on Friday, lovely heart warming rock out melancholia and Mercury Rev last night, beautiful soaring stuff. Also enjoyed Carseat Headrest and Ernest Ranglin and friends including the brilliant and lovely Tony Allen on drums
Im knackered, my back aches, every things covered in mud, my camper van looks like its fallen into a silage pit but I've had a great time, hard work, but a great time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Crikey! It's Bazza Gibb.
Now there's a legend hope the audience respect him and all he's done.
Looks like they are, good.

Indeed a canny resemblance to Ernest no less, what a legend - Barry Gibb that is

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Crikey! It's Bazza Gibb.
Now there's a legend hope the audience respect him and all he's done.
Looks like they are, good.

Doesn't matter how famous he is, I will never quite grasp the notion of that voice coming out of a bloke who looks like him. It's surreal.

Somebody on Twitter just compared his voice to Herbert out of Family Guy :lol:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The amount of flares at Glastonbury! The security must be run by the French football authorities :angel:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I can't make out if this is nice or not it feels like the last night at the end of the summer season at Butlins.

It's feel good stuff okay but talk about a middle of the road Glasto! Next year I don't doubt the three headline acts will be Crowded House, The Backstreet Boys and Girls Aloud.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Doesn't matter how famous he is, I will never quite grasp the notion of that voice coming out of a bloke who looks like him. It's surreal.

Somebody on Twitter just compared his voice to Herbert out of Family Guy :lol:

It's incredible, age has neither diminished the teeth nor the falsetto! I thought Jeff Lynne's barnet was a miracle of genetic engineering for a pensioner, but Barry G just took things to another level!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
been great going down memory lane with ELO - 1977 Out of the Blue album. Happy days.

Jeff isn't exactly a great rapport builder with the crowd - i will admit.
He doesn't usually say much. At his O2 gig a couple of months ago he barely said a word. Brilliant gig though.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Had no interest in Coldplay last night so switched to BBC4 to watch Earth, Wind & Fire. Great fun end to the evening although the brilliant white stage outfits were somewhat at odds with the state of the crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here