Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Gladiators

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Really!? I watched the whole 'real life' version and didn't notice him at all.
He didn’t do very well, might even have fallen first round, but he was definitely there

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Baywatch or Gladiators?

A conundrum as old as time itself.
noel edmonds used to do a cctv section where he set cameras up in a person's house. They would then surprise the victim live on tv

They set these up in chris evans's house and they allegedly couldnt switch to show him for a long while as he was 'playing billiards' to baywatch instead

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Really!? I watched the whole 'real life' version and didn't notice him at all.
Mike #172

wolf.jpg

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I remember way back in the day an episode of Celebrity Gladiators, which featured Vinny Jones. It was hilarious. Vinny was being Vinny and giving it all that when the mic was in front of him. So, the Gladiators pretty much ignored the other contestants to just wail on Vinny. After being slapped about a bit he looked like he might start crying.

I always thought the women's part of the contest was a bit unfair on the gladiators. On the men's side, the gladiators were all these 'roided up monsters and the contestants were fit, but otherwise fairly average blokes. They stood no chance against these hulks. But on the women's side, the gladiators were picked more on how good they looked in a those tiny outfits rather than on how physically powerful they were. They were physically fit, no doubt, but hardly the monsters we had on the men's side. Meanwhile, the female contestants always ended up being super butch and often looked much stronger than the gladiators.

So while the male contestants got slapped around like rag dolls, it was the female gladiators that ended up getting slapped about.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I remember way back in the day an episode of Celebrity Gladiators, which featured Vinny Jones. It was hilarious. Vinny was being Vinny and giving it all that when the mic was in front of him. So, the Gladiators pretty much ignored the other contestants to just wail on Vinny. After being slapped about a bit he looked like he might start crying.

I always thought the women's part of the contest was a bit unfair on the gladiators. On the men's side, the gladiators were all these 'roided up monsters and the contestants were fit, but otherwise fairly average blokes. They stood no chance against these hulks. But on the women's side, the gladiators were picked more on how good they looked in a those tiny outfits rather than on how physically powerful they were. They were physically fit, no doubt, but hardly the monsters we had on the men's side. Meanwhile, the female contestants always ended up being super butch and often looked much stronger than the gladiators.

So while the male contestants got slapped around like rag dolls, it was the female gladiators that ended up getting slapped about.

I heard an interview earlier this week that the Gladiators for this new series had to be dragged into a meeting and told to take it easy on the contestants as they were being a bit too rough.

I know one of the Gladiators from the reboot about 15 years ago, the male gladiators certainly didn’t want to lose face and definitely liked to lay one in when they could. So the above story doesn’t surprise me at all.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

:rock:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I heard an interview earlier this week that the Gladiators for this new series had to be dragged into a meeting and told to take it easy on the contestants as they were being a bit too rough.
Bloody BOLSHEVIKS.
Gladiators being asked to take it easy on contestants is the thin end of the wedge.
Next thing the COMMUNISTS will have taken over and we'll all have to be contestants on Gladiators to win the right to buy a bath plug.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Bloody BOLSHEVIKS.
Gladiators being asked to take it easy on contestants is the thin end of the wedge.
Next thing the COMMUNISTS will have taken over and we'll all have to be contestants on Gladiators to win the right to buy a bath plug.
This country.
You can't even potentially maim anyone today without being sent to jail.
Bradley Walsh's son is so bland, completely vanilla isn't he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here