Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glad we have stuck with Sami

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I was at the match yesterday and I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining game of football. At 2-3 up in the 85th minute of course you are hoping for the win but to expect it pays no heed to Norwich who are a strong side still bristling with ex-prem players.

Up until the end of Oct we weren't scoring enough goals and the players were still adapting to Sammis tactics. From Bournemouth onwards we are beginning to score more goals and create more chances. We are still making some individual errors that are costing us points but the team play as a whole is definitely improving.

For me it's not just the points tally that determines if you change the manager. I believe you've also got to look at the trend of the overall performances and due to the attacking improvements witnessed from Bournemouth onwards I believe we are now making progress. Other than the Ipswich and Tottenham games where we lost 2-0 our other losses have all been single goal margins - no one has taken us to the cleaners.

If we can improve our link play in the final third we will create more chances, and if we can sign a striker with a little more quality to finish these chances then we will finish comfortably in mid table.

This is no time to hit the panic button and sack SH. We need to stick with him and the play will continue to improve which in turn will bring us the points we all crave.

Agree entirely

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps when 3- 2 up he could and should have brought the full backs nearer to our goal and put Harford on as an extra defender but would that have given them too much room in midfield. Who knows, we all have opinons.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Here we go again...

It's not the recruitment team's fault... it's not Sami's fault, it's not the average squad's fault... no, it's the fan's fault... what utter, utter bollox.

Who said it was the fan's fault? The Albion seem to play with less fear away from home. Presumably you don't agree? (in which case you seem to be talking utter..)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sticking to the fench am i in hope rather than faith,hopefully the corner will be turned and we will string results together soon and we are on a mini run of sorts,but at some stage soon things will need to change for the better,be better to win a couple and loooose a couple to break the cycle of draws,that said be better still to win a couple and draw rather than loooose so let's hope the latter is the case..

Yesterday's result was a couple of points thrown away but a point away before hand and i would have taken it,regardless of Norwich's current form,given our form too..

It's at home where we really need to start getting points and perhaps we should focus more of our efforts on this front for the seasons remainder and anthying on the road seen as a bonus..

28 games to go is starting to get to the stage where we really will be in hard position to get out of it if we don't start geting a few 3 point hauls in the very near future.

At some stage Sami will either turn it around or damage his chances of managing again in the near future or at best this level and to that end i hope it is not at the expense of our hard earned Championship status.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Who said it was the fan's fault? The Albion seem to play with less fear away from home. Presumably you don't agree? (in which case you seem to be talking utter..)
As per my previous post, if you think the biggest problem is the Amex home support not getting behind the team, then you are as clueless as Sami.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As per my previous post, if you think the biggest problem is the Amex home support not getting behind the team, then you are as clueless as Sami.

See you waited a week to reply. Let's get things straight. I have voted for SH to be sacked for over a month now. I said that We seemed to to play nervously at home. I never said it was the fans fault. I received double figures thumbs up and one thumbs down from the brain of Britain who didn't understand what I was trying to say.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hang on. Who the hell is BW2? I was talking to BW. Are you too thick to log on?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Go, Sami, Go Now.

Should have gone after failure to get 6 points v Huddersfield and Rotherham. That was the Last Chance Saloon. We are way beyond that point now.

What a wasted season.

Let's not turn it into a wasted 2-3 years which relegation would mean.

Go Now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here