Glad all over

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't know why I'm bothering but here you go

"Crystal Palace Football Club adopted the song as their anthem in the 1960s. It is played at the start of all home games, and after full-time (when Palace win). The chorus is played after home goals, before the goalscorer's name is read out. It is also sung by fans as a chant. On Saturday 10 February 1968 The Dave Clark Five played "Glad All Over" live at Crystal Palace's home, Selhurst Park. A cover version, sung by the squad at the time, was released as part of their FA Cup run (where they reached the final of the competition) in 1990.

Blackpool have also used Glad All Over, played after a home goal is scored, since 2008, and other English Football League teams Rotherham United, Port Vale and Swindon Town have followed suit. It has also been used by Scottish Football League club Partick Thistle when they score a goal. Woking FC have played the song as part of their celebrations at score a goal."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glad_All_Over

You've quoted Wikipedia - now is there any actual evidence of this?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Well as a kid I remember banging the hoardings to Gald All Over, I saw the DC5 perform it at Selhurst Park in 68 and I've still got my copy of the FA Cup version from 1990 somewhere.

All many years before Blackpool adopted it in 2008.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lets face it, Glad All Over is just an appalling piece of nondescript 60s pap, and the SOLE REASON it is constantly used at two-bob outfits like Swindon and Palace is because they get all excited about the "DUM DUM" bit. That's it. They like that bit because they can go "DUM DUM" to it.

The overwhelming cringe-factor is so strong you could actually rupture a kidney. Its tragic.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Lets face it, Glad All Over is just an appalling piece of nondescript 60s pap, and the SOLE REASON it is constantly used at two-bob outfits like Swindon and Palace is because they get all excited about the "DUM DUM" bit. That's it. They like that bit because they can go "DUM DUM" to it.

Are you seriously comparing it to a Gary Glitter's Rock n Roll Part 2, or his Do You Wanna Touch, both songs with a 'chanted response' structure?

???

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I don't know why I'm bothering but here you go

"Crystal Palace Football Club adopted the song as their anthem in the 1960s. It is played at the start of all home games, and after full-time (when Palace win). The chorus is played after home goals, before the goalscorer's name is read out.

Not been heard much recently then.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not as tragic as "Ring of fire":cheery::cheery:

Ring of fire isn't our club song though. And actually sounds fantastic at games. :thumbsup:

If you're looking for point scoring I'd find something else than club songs. Maybe say something about the clackers (that were used for 1 game out of 1000s) or whatever gets you excited.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ring of fire isn't our club song though. And actually sounds fantastic at games. :thumbsup:

Wasn't it sung at THAT game at Fulham , when songs were sung SONGS WERE SUCCESSFULLY SUNG!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't it sung at THAT game at Fulham , when songs were sung SONGS WERE SUCCESSFULLY SUNG!

Not a clue what you're banging on about. Your level of 'knowledge' and time you've spent researching our club on here looking for points is quite frankly embarrassing and worrying though. I thought I used this board too often :ffsparr:

DECK CHAIRS AT DAWN

Feb 20, 2012
It sounds shit,der der der der der der........FFS
GOSBTS is hardly Brightons club song either(Marching band which is quite good)How long have you been singing that.Hardly any of the die hards know the words as proved by having to have the words on the big screen:eek:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Not a clue what you're banging on about. Your level of 'knowledge' and time you've spent researching our club on here looking for points is quite frankly embarrassing and worrying though. I thought I used this board too often :ffsparr:

That's because he has forgot he has is posting on here as this is the sort of sh*te in jokes thereichstuf and vince hilair's pubic hair post all the time on the BBS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It sounds shit,der der der der der der........FFS
GOSBTS is hardly Brightons club song either(Marching band which is quite good)How long have you been singing that.Hardly any of the die hards know the words as proved by having to have the words on the big screen:eek:

Oh, like the 4 LINES your hapless mob have to recite before your favourite (DUM DUM) moment kicks in ? Lets have a look

You say that you love me
All of the time
You say that you need me
You'll always be mine

I'm feelin' (DUM DUM) glad all over
Yes I'm (DUM DUM) glad all over
Baby I'm (DUM DUM) glad all over
So glad you're mine

And 99% of you DULLARDS only do the (DUM DUM) glad all over bit anyway.

Then there's ours

Now is the time for marching,
Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea!
For we're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea.
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men are we;
And when you go to Sussex, whoever you may be,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the Sea!

Good old Sussex, Sussex by the Sea!
Good old Sussex by the Sea!
You may tell them all we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the Sea.

Yeah. Right o.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports