Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glad all over

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn't suggest that Sussex by the Sea wasn't an appropriate song for you lot, I think it's great. But like Glad All Over wasn't written by a Palace fan, nor was GOSBTS written by a Brighton fan. So if, as the poster I quoted stated, that Palace were tinpot for this reason, then so were you guys.

On your second point, I have no problem with our 'anthem' being recycled and used by other clubs. Why would I?

Who mentioned Palace in my post? And who said Palace used it first? I recall Blackpool having it a long long time ago & didn't hear it at Selhurst until fairly recently...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Who mentioned Palace in my post? And who said Palace used it first? I recall Blackpool having it a long long time ago & didn't hear it at Selhurst until fairly recently...

Wasn't it 5 times ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stop being so precious, neither of those statements are true. It was a song written about Sussex, not specifically for or exclusively for the county. Written by a northerner who spent virtually all his life in London and lived for around six years near Bognor Regis. Finally being cremated in Norwood, ironically just three miles from Selhurst Park. :D

So Sussex By The Sea is not specifically about/for Sussex nor exclusively for Sussex? Next you'll be saying that 'We'll keep the home fires burning' isn't about Croydon.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Swindon just scored against Charlton, not only do they have goal music, which is bad enough on it's own, but they played Glad all Over.

Is this normal or is it just to piss Charlton off?

I like the idea of playing something to piss the opposition fans off.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Stop being so precious, neither of those statements are true. It was a song written about Sussex, not specifically for or exclusively for the county. Written by a northerner who spent virtually all his life in London and lived for around six years near Bognor Regis. Finally being cremated in Norwood, ironically just three miles from Selhurst Park. :D
Written about Sussex but not specifically for Sussex? Have you read the words? We have some dim posters on here, but you shine.

DECK CHAIRS AT DAWN

Feb 20, 2012
So we use an anthem written specifically for and exclusively for Sussex-palace steal (nothing new there) a 60s pop song. Remind me again where to send your tinpot badge.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...gBe4umv2xatpKD9uA&sig2=c9L4xLMRoA8prxTQfo5mOg
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...h8kLlSBYz08yHeftQ&sig2=cZ9DI6rNbIIStYznEcYxbg

Spot the difference :):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gj-JqJCsBU

Then there is this smasher

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...ODt29epOHeg5riGKtGahEg&bvm=bv.138493631,d.d24:O:O

Tinpot badge on it's way shipmate

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Finally being cremated in Norwood, ironically just three miles from Selhurst Park. :D

Cremating something in the Croydon area? That would hardly be a first, would it?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't it 5 times ?

Not sure - it was on various TV games I first heard it so probably 5 times across 9 of your recent home games yes. So you admit Blackpool claimed the random 60's pop song first - interesting.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You really are a ****! Tell your schoolmates about it tomorrow

'Palace are here' :lol: :lol: thanks for that - prob not what you were going for posting it but that's ****ing cringey :lol:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Not sure - it was on various TV games I first heard it so probably 5 times across 9 of your recent home games yes. So you admit Blackpool claimed the random 60's pop song first - interesting.

I don't know why I'm bothering but here you go

"Crystal Palace Football Club adopted the song as their anthem in the 1960s. It is played at the start of all home games, and after full-time (when Palace win). The chorus is played after home goals, before the goalscorer's name is read out. It is also sung by fans as a chant. On Saturday 10 February 1968 The Dave Clark Five played "Glad All Over" live at Crystal Palace's home, Selhurst Park. A cover version, sung by the squad at the time, was released as part of their FA Cup run (where they reached the final of the competition) in 1990.

Blackpool have also used Glad All Over, played after a home goal is scored, since 2008, and other English Football League teams Rotherham United, Port Vale and Swindon Town have followed suit. It has also been used by Scottish Football League club Partick Thistle when they score a goal. Woking FC have played the song as part of their celebrations at score a goal."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glad_All_Over

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I don't know why I'm bothering but here you go

"Crystal Palace Football Club adopted the song as their anthem in the 1960s. It is played at the start of all home games, and after full-time (when Palace win). The chorus is played after home goals, before the goalscorer's name is read out. It is also sung by fans as a chant. On Saturday 10 February 1968 The Dave Clark Five played "Glad All Over" live at Crystal Palace's home, Selhurst Park. A cover version, sung by the squad at the time, was released as part of their FA Cup run (where they reached the final of the competition) in 1990.

Blackpool have also used Glad All Over, played after a home goal is scored, since 2008, and other English Football League teams Rotherham United, Port Vale and Swindon Town have followed suit. It has also been used by Scottish Football League club Partick Thistle when they score a goal. Woking FC have played the song as part of their celebrations at score a goal."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glad_All_Over

What a shite anthem....Still doing the eurotrash reading of the goalscorers name?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here