Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glad all over

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So glad we have a World War 1 anthem exclusive to our county that fits our club so well. Having a recycled pop song stolen from other clubs would be rather embarrassing...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And William Ward-Higgs was born in Birkenhead, and only lived in Sussex for seven years of his life. How tinpot does that make Brighton? :)

So we use an anthem written specifically for and exclusively for Sussex-palace steal (nothing new there) a 60s pop song. Remind me again where to send your tinpot badge.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So glad we have a World War 1 anthem exclusive to our county that fits our club so well. Having a recycled pop song stolen from other clubs would be rather embarrassing...

I didn't suggest that Sussex by the Sea wasn't an appropriate song for you lot, I think it's great. But like Glad All Over wasn't written by a Palace fan, nor was GOSBTS written by a Brighton fan. So if, as the poster I quoted stated, that Palace were tinpot for this reason, then so were you guys.

On your second point, I have no problem with our 'anthem' being recycled and used by other clubs. Why would I?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So we use an anthem written specifically for and exclusively for Sussex.

Stop being so precious, neither of those statements are true. It was a song written about Sussex, not specifically for or exclusively for the county. Written by a northerner who spent virtually all his life in London and lived for around six years near Bognor Regis. Finally being cremated in Norwood, ironically just three miles from Selhurst Park. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here