Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Wednesday evening a miss

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I wasn’t going (childcare issues) and had relisted my ticket on the exchange, however I’ve just taken it off the exchange as I know it’s not going to sell and If the game doesn’t go ahead I don’t want to find myself not being entitled to the ticket for the re-arranged fixture like those who used the sharing system for the Spurs game.

Interesting idea
How do things work if you left your ticket on sale But it doesn’t sell
Does it carry over to the re arranged fixture Or is it lost

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll go if it's on, but...

- I'm driving.
- I'll mask up.
- I'll go straight to my seat.
- I'll not have a drink in order to negate the need to go to the gents.

I'm also triple-jabbed AND have a recent prior infection, so I'm about as super-powered, immunity-wise, as it's possible to be right now, but I completely understand and sympathise with those who give it a miss.

I'd like to see the club take the concourses out of action. Go straight to your seat when you enter the ground, use the concourses only for access to the loos.

Pretty much my thoughts (I don't know if I've already had it though). Park nearby, walk in, hang around outside if it's too early, straight to seat when inside. Not risking too much organisation-wise as no grand plans for Christmas anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

- I'm driving.
- I'll mask up.

I'm also triple-jabbed AND have a recent prior infection, so I'm about as super-powered, immunity-wise, as it's possible to be right now, but I completely understand and sympathise with those who give it a miss.

I'd like to see the club take the concourses out of action. Go straight to your seat when you enter the ground, use the concourses only for access to the loos.

That last paragraph makes perfect sense. However would the club accept all that lost revenue from food & beverage sales? Almost certainly not sadly.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Is that a reinfection?

Didn't you (or maybe it was one of yours) get infected around the time of the Euros?

Daughter picked it up from Wembley at the Euro semi-final or final (she's still not recovered her sense of smell/taste). Having avoided it that time round, the rest of us (x3) all got hit with it last week. I'm pretty sure I caught it at either the West Ham or Saints game as I haven't really been anywhere else. All of us had our vaccines as soon as they became available to us, although the enforced wait after infection means we are still playing catch-up. Luckily we are all no worse than with a regular cold (so far).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do we imagine that this is a precursor to a mid-winter break for all top flight football? Given that Covid will be around now and there is the Qatar Finals coming up, might we see the fixture list permanently changed so that teams have a month off? And it we did, would it be the end of the League Cup for Premier League teams?

Maybe. I think pretty much all PL managers wants a mid-winter break, maybe not for a full month but for a few weeks. My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the TV companies are less keen on that and they have a lot of say in how things are run.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
If its on - I'll go. Triple jabbed as are all my family.

But I totally get why some wouldn't want to - especially so close to Xmas. No one wants 2 years of having to isolate in a row.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm still in. Triple jabbed for over two weeks now. Friend who we met caught it and we isolated for a week (between games luckily) testing every day but got away with it.
Thing is, at 66 I feel worried but at the same time want to get on with life.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m undecided

Double jabbed
Booster booked

Planning on seeing vulnerable family member on Saturday

Can someone make a decision for me?

As [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] says, but I would add depends a little on where you're meeting. I met my Dad on Sunday who is vulnerable to watch my son play football on a rec. with easy parking and everyone spread out, so really no risk as such as we were outside the whole time. If we had been planning to have a meal indoors at home say instead, would have given any social engagements or football matches leading up to it a miss, or re-scheduled I think.

If you do go, I've always discussed with my Dad if I am going to see him what I and the kids have been doing, how much risk we might have faced etc. With 3 kids, 1 at college and 2 and different schools, at the end of the day their risk of infection is a lot higher than mine at a football match I feel. So lots of things to consider really.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It will be interesting how this pans out, if for argument sake two first team players test positive overnight would this be enough with the staff positives to convince the EPL to postpone the game under advice from Brighton and Hove Albion or would they say Who? Just get on with it and a we :love: Spurs emoji to sign off .

I'm probably being cynical but I really do believe the so called bigger clubs do have much more say than the likes of us, I'd imagine the club will ask the question if we do come down with anymore positive results.

To be perfectly honest I can't see football continuing to allow spectators again soon anyway so get a fix whilst you can Wellsy you old fart:lolol:

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Snowflakes

I have been double jabbed and have had the booster so I am protected as best as I can be.What is the point of being vaccinated if you don't trust in the protection provided by the vaccines?

I will be travelling to the match on a Seagull Travel coach. The only reason I will be wearing a face mask on the coach is because I don't want to pay a £200 fine.

If others want to protect themselves by getting vaccinated and wearing a face mask thats fine with me. Good on them. But spare me the crap about wearing a face mask to protect others. Its about time snowflakes accept some personal responsibilty.

Before people start quoting the "some people can't be vaccinated for medical reasons" line, people with serious medical conditions should either stay at home and self isolate, or wear a face mask when going out. If they wear a face mask when going out, how can they breath in "covid particles" exhaled by others if they are wearing a face mask and protecting themselves?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Hmm, I hadn't really thought about this yet. I've only had the original two shots, booster not booked yet.

Seems quite risky, I don't want to be self isolating over Christmas...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Triple jabbed but vulnerable as is my other half. We haven't been since August. Nobody in the north stand will wear a mask so I have to stay away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

- I'm driving.
- I'll mask up.

If the club do the concourse thing I'd probably go (I'm also triple jabbed but not yet prior infected), but at the moment I'm teetering towards caution. The trouble is I'm fearful that if I start not going it could be the start of a slippey slope, what with all the games shown live on telly or t'internet, and it all being a long way away, and that :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have been double jabbed and have had the booster so I am protected as best as I can be.What is the point of being vaccinated if you don't trust in the protection provided by the vaccines?

I will be travelling to the match on a Seagull Travel coach. The only reason I will be wearing a face mask on the coach is because I don't want to pay a £200 fine.

If others want to protect themselves by getting vaccinated and wearing a face mask thats fine with me. Good on them. But spare me the crap about wearing a face mask to protect others. Its about time snowflakes accept some personal responsibilty.

Before people start quoting the "some people can't be vaccinated for medical reasons" line, people with serious medical conditions should either stay at home and self isolate, or wear a face mask when going out. If they wear a face mask when going out, how can they breath in "covid particles" exhaled by others if they are wearing a face mask and protecting themselves?

A tiny misunderstanding about masks, but par for the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmk4PfuiPVY

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m going if it’s still on, I’m driving down and managed to get a space at the bridge carpark (thank you NSC) and will mask up/sanitise. Looking forward to it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

- I'm driving.
- I'll mask up.

The upper West has a much wider concourse than The Upper East. The queues from the bars totally block the complete the width of the concourse, so you have to fight your way through the queue to get to the entrance steps to my seat, or going the other way to the loos, of which there are only two gents loos on the Upper East.
Plus the steps up to the coach park are a scrum, and there are always some away supporters coming back down the steps for some strange reason.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
SnowflakesI have been double jabbed and have had the booster so I am protected as best as I can be.What is the point of being vaccinated if you don't trust in the protection provided by the vaccines?

Oh look at me me me I can call people snowflakes cos I'm a cool guy and of course I'm right cos I read facebook

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If the club do the concourse thing I'd probably go (I'm also triple jabbed but not yet prior infected), but at the moment I'm teetering towards caution. The trouble is I'm fearful that if I start not going it could be the start of a slippey slope, what with all the games shown live on telly or t'internet, and it all being a long way away, and that :(

I fear that the Faversham to Falmer road may not be traversed for a while then. Sad but no one can fail to understand.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting idea
How do things work if you left your ticket on sale But it doesn’t sell
Does it carry over to the re arranged fixture Or is it lost

I’ve no idea, that’s why I took mine off the exchange, it hadn’t been listed on the ticket site anyway so the chance of selling it was almost zero (if the game goes ahead I’m still out of pocket either way) but if it does get called off I’ll be able to attend the rearranged fixture hopefully.

Im just airing on the side of caution as people who used the ticket share for Spurs games have already lost their ticket for the re-arranged fixture as it still belongs to the person you shared it with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here