Giving up smoking

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It's no smoking day today, lent and the government are going to hide cigarettes under the counter in the future, so I figure this is quite topical.

Anyone else trying to kick the habit?

I have smoked for 10 years and have managed to smoke just two cigarettes since 10pm on Sunday. That's two too many for my liking, but it's a vast improvement.

I'm using the gum to try and give up, but I don't feel like it's working all that well. Someone recommended one of those inhalers but they are so bloody expensive. In some forms it seems giving up is more expensive than actually smoking!

Anyone got any good services they know of? Or maybe just methods that you use(d)?

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Allan Carrs "The Easyway to Give up Smoking" worked for me and i lasted 15 months until i realised that it was so easy to give up that i started again....the first 4 days are hell though.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
you are already on the back foot as you are not "giving up" anything.

every hour stop what you are doing and do 10x deep breaths in and out saying "my lungs crave clean air" ........most of the habit is about the stopping and the deep breaths....and not the nicotene itself which is not very addictive.....and clears out in 48hrs.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I actually started smoking again yesterday after a 9 month absence.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Woke up one morning and went cold turkey. First few days are rough but youll manage. Just dont be a person who replaces it with food after. Friend of mine quit and put on 40 pounds!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports