Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giving up my season ticket.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I find this such a depressing thread. I keep checking back in to see if people are doing a 360 but each time it’s just more people writing several paragraphs about why they’re giving up. I guess everyone has different scenarios and decisions to make but it absolutely stuns me that so many are just walking away. Imagine supporting this club through all the shït we’ve been through just to throw in the towel when we’re in the best position we’ve ever been.

I have no idea that the ST renewal % is each year but I'd assume its in the 90% bracket. So there will always be some that don't want to renew or can't. Unfortunatly you will find the majority of them will come on here and spout their crap. Where the 90+% will just very very happily carry on supporting our club in its greatest season ever and get behind the best squad ever.

Don't let the idiots ruin your enjoyment. The vast majority of the fans are behind the club but don't need to shout it from the roof tops.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I have no idea that the ST renewal % is each year but I'd assume its in the 90% bracket. So there will always be some that don't want to renew or can't. Unfortunatly you will find the majority of them will come on here and spout their crap. Where the 90+% will just very very happily carry on supporting our club in its greatest season ever and get behind the best squad ever.

Don't let the idiots ruin your enjoyment. The vast majority of the fans are behind the club but don't need to shout it from the roof tops.
What does it say if this is our greatest season ever when we went 3 months without winning an actual football match

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What does it say if this is our greatest season ever when we went 3 months without winning an actual football match

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Wait till you find out we almost LOST a quarter of our matches the season we got promoted by the Championship. What a load of rubbish

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Get relegated and then spend the next season/s trying to get back to where you were. I think I’d rather stay in the PL thank you.

I agree. I also think that there's the real danger that is you get relegated, shock, horror, you might not be able to sooth the pain by getting promoted immediately. Sure, you could be Burnley, Norwich, Fulham, or Bournemouth, but you could equally be Sheffield Wednesday, Hull, Birmingham, Reading, Derby, Nottingham Forest, QPR, Sunderland, Cardiff etc etc...

Trading relegation for a title winning season is far from given

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I find this such a depressing thread. I keep checking back in to see if people are doing a 360 but each time it’s just more people writing several paragraphs about why they’re giving up. I guess everyone has different scenarios and decisions to make but it absolutely stuns me that so many are just walking away. Imagine supporting this club through all the shït we’ve been through just to throw in the towel when we’re in the best position we’ve ever been.

Spot on. Regarding your final sentence I wonder if some of those walking away suffered the pain of the “war years” when getting a point at Cambridge was something to celebrate.

I guess there are many aspects to “supporting”. Some want to be entertained, some want goals, some want to see the star players, some want an afternoon out, some, like me want us to gather as many points as possible each season - all hopefully underpinned by the club being stable, financially viable and ethical. My wishes have been met in recent years yet I still spend the week leading up to the match and the entire match worrying what will go wrong.!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've received an email from the club asking me to fill in a survey. It notes I haven't been attending matches. One of the questions about non attendance is multi choice so I gave four answers, covid, times of kick-off, travel, and ill-health.
It also asked on a scale of 1-10 on how likely I am to renew. It was 6 today. If covid infection rates go down, then it's more likely I will renew.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Please move to the Amex Atmosphere thread!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I could have given up my ST in the last 2 years of The Goldstone. But I didn't.
I could have given up my ST when we played at Gillingham. But I didn't.
I could have given my ST up when we played at Withdean. But I didn't.

Players, Managers, Coaching Staff, Board Members, Owners, Club Staff come and go, but supporters remain through thick and thin.

I've seen more than enough of the 'thin'. I'm now enjoying the 'thick', even though the way fixtures are moved, the way the Club has to behave, the way I am required to behave under the smallprint of my ST has changed my matchday experience, I will continue to renew my ST for as long as I am able. I am not expecting us to win the Premier League, but I am enjoying the fact that MY TEAM are part of the BEST League in the world and I am there to witness it. Those of you that saw Ashley Neal at Priestfield will know that was a time to question whether it was all worth it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Spot on. Regarding your final sentence I wonder if some of those walking away suffered the pain of the “war years” when getting a point at Cambridge was something to celebrate.

I guess there are many aspects to “supporting”. Some want to be entertained, some want goals, some want to see the star players, some want an afternoon out, some, like me want us to gather as many points as possible each season - all hopefully underpinned by the club being stable, financially viable and ethical. My wishes have been met in recent years yet I still spend the week leading up to the match and the entire match worrying what will go wrong.!

Last time I went to Cambridge away I celebrated by getting in for £1. From memory we had to walk through some free grazing cows, which were asleep at full time

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In other posts on this board I made mention of my reason not to renew my season ticket next season and today received a supporter survey on the subject of not using the ticket this season, and whether, or not, I'll renew next. Gives a new meaning to the statement "can't say the club don't listen", only joking though!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Last time I went to Cambridge away I celebrated by getting in for £1. From memory we had to walk through some free grazing cows, which were asleep at full time

They are still there. (The Abbey floodlights in the background).

Coldham's_Common_Cows_-_geograph.org.uk_-_777755.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Was that when Robbie Reinelt scored in a rehearsal for Hereford? If it was I remember those cows!!

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I've received an email from the club asking me to fill in a survey. It notes I haven't been attending matches. One of the questions about non attendance is multi choice so I gave four answers, covid, times of kick-off, travel, and ill-health.
It also asked on a scale of 1-10 on how likely I am to renew. It was 6 today. If covid infection rates go down, then it's more likely I will renew.
The club gathering info will they act on it ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021

A season ticket doesn't have to be for life

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club gathering info will they act on it ?

There is a condition that so many matches have to be attended in a season to retain the season ticket, but I suspect this may be waived this year for vulnerable people or those who have vulnerable family members.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Listen out to my question (AKA speech), spoken at 1mph.

"Good evening panel, Percy from Polegate, I've been an uber supporter since 1899. May I just take this this opportunity to thank Tony, Paul, Derek, Martin, Uncle Tom Cobley ............ [5 minutes pass] .......... Graham, his staff ...... [5 minutes pass] ........... Hope. These are unprecedented times to be an Albion supporter, with the stadium, squad, league position and training facilities. Also thanks to Jonny and Warren. What was my question?"

Audible snoring from those present.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: I’ll listen on catch up at x2 speed!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I still can't get over the question a couple of years back around whether the club was going to buy their own trains...

Omg! I didn’t know this, that’s hilarious! Poor Paul Barber, as I said, he earns his crust that night alone having to field such idiocy!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree. I also think that there's the real danger that is you get relegated, shock, horror, you might not be able to sooth the pain by getting promoted immediately. Sure, you could be Burnley, Norwich, Fulham, or Bournemouth, but you could equally be Sheffield Wednesday, Hull, Birmingham, Reading, Derby, Nottingham Forest, QPR, Sunderland, Cardiff etc etc...

Trading relegation for a title winning season is far from given

It isn’t, but most of those clubs that went down and stayed down, or worse got relegated again, went all in on staying in the PL with no apparent contingency for relegation. We’ve got about 13-14 young players out on loan at Championship level clubs, so would probably be fine even after selling our best players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here