Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Given the choice, I'd prefer the Mackams to go down before Palace..

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I've got a bit obsessed with looking at Sunderland's results and reading their messageboard. I'd like to be much more mature and level-headed about all this but I just can't help myself. I want to see Poyet fail at Sunderland.

In most other aspects of my life I'm actually quite a charitable and easy-going bloke. Not sure why I'm so mean-spirited in this regard.

Without wishing to too closely align myself to my secret monkey life.. This is also what's happened to me ..a bit worrying. :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would love Poyet to take them down.

No doubt his lifelong love affair with himself would be undiminished, but it would be a nasty little black mark on his CV and also scupper much of the greedy little plans he would have for a spending spree in the transfer market this summer with both PL and Ellis Short's $'s. We know he likes to talk about money and budgets. Other, in my opinion, better coaches such as Martinez, Rodgers, Dyche, Pochettino - obviously like to have as big as budget as possible, but far more importantly keep their heads down working positively with what they've got and work wonders. Unlike budget-obsessed Poyet.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I've got a bit obsessed with looking at Sunderland's results and reading their messageboard. I'd like to be much more mature and level-headed about all this but I just can't help myself. I want to see Poyet fail at Sunderland.

In most other aspects of my life I'm actually quite a charitable and easy-going bloke. Not sure why I'm so mean-spirited in this regard.
Don't be embarrassed. I hope they phone him and sack him on MOTD too, although the icing on the cake would be his 'welcome' return to the Amex next year. (If we don't go up)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Palace will always be there, they'll keep for another day.

The Poyet disaster I want to see NOW!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
My loathing of all things Palace trumps Sunderland, Poyet .......in fact, pretty much everything

What's the matter with you all ?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Sunderland relegated= Poyet falling through the ceiling.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Pulis has done an incredible job at Palace.

Player for player they are clearly the weakest team in the Premier League.

Only Speroni is true Premier League class imo.

And Pulis going to keep them up.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Palace fans pretty much felt the same about Birmingham when Bruce left us for them, I remember being absolutely delighted when they were relegated from The Prem so I don't expect you'll feel any different should they drop down.

We've still got a very tough run in but beating Chelsea gave us some breathing space, lose to Cardiff however and we'll quickly lose the smiles we currently have on our faces!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don't hate Gus and I'm very grateful for what he did here during his time for the club, and if I'm honest long term I hope he goes on to be a very successful manager.

However the whole situation towards the end of last season and in the summer has made me want him knocked down a peg or two and a relegation this season would be perfect. Hopefully it will teach him to be a little more humble and grateful.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I seem to remember lots of smug posts last year from football snobs about Hoofball Sam and chav Tony Pulis and how lucky we were to watch total football under Gus.

It seems Sunderland fans now have the pleasure of watching the centre half's knock the ball to each other whilst Pulis and Big Sam have quietly gone the business of keeping their sides up. Don't get me wrong I don't want Cotterell in tomorrow but there is something to be said for the way so called footballing dinosaurs can do a number on Gus.

Sunderland have had it. Their next 4 away games you would expect them to lose them all.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
My Dad was a big Sunderland fan exiled down South and the first footy kit I had was a Sunderland kit which was as rare as rocking horse shit in the late 60's
So I have a soft spot for them but I would LOVE IT if they came down

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is no choice.

Palace simply will NOT go down.

So the question is Gus down, or not.

I can't be bothered with him to be honest. He can go and play golf, and hit his head on as many ceilings as he likes.

No longer our problem.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why only want 1 to go down when both can !?!?

That said, If Palace stay up then so be it, it would be a bit more sweeter for Poyet to come down seeing as he left us for the Premier League, which is going brilliantly wel....oh hang on.

Hopefully Cardiff and West Brom buck their ideas up !!

I don't hate Gus and I'm very grateful for what he did here during his time for the club, and if I'm honest long term I hope he goes on to be a very successful manager.

However the whole situation towards the end of last season and in the summer has made me want him knocked down a peg or two and a relegation this season would be perfect. Hopefully it will teach him to be a little more humble and grateful.
He wont be a great manager, they could of won last night if they had gone for it in the first half and put WH under pressure. Its this cagey Spanish shite way of playing that is costing them and us points.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There is no choice.

Palace simply will NOT go down.

now you seem to be making this comment far too much for my liking . I sense abit of kidology in your retorts ???

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Considering how much money they've spent in the last few years Sunderland have a shocking squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
now you seem to be making this comment far too much for my liking . I sense abit of kidology in your retorts ???

Everything changed with the win over Chelsea which was totally unexpected to me.

I think that Sunderland and Fulham are down now, and Cardiff's only chance to overhaul Palace is to win on Saturday.

Even then it is unlikely they will get enough points, and when you add in West Brom's and Norwich's bleak prospects for the rest of the season everything ( to me ) is indicating survival for Palace.

Which to me is tragic as it just encourages more gloating gimp-trolls on this board.

No, sadly Palace have no chance of relegation now.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't actually wish ill of our most successful manager for 30 years or our two time player of the year...

Don't want them to come down. Don't want to see Liam Bridcutt playing at The Amex for another team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here