Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Give Tony Bloom his end of term mark

What mark would you give Tony Bloom for his term's (season's) work?

• A+

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • A

• A-

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • B+

• B

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • B-

• C+

• C

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • C-

Votes: 23 13.6%
  • D+

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • D

Votes: 34 20.1%
  • D-

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • E+

• E

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • E-

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • F

Votes: 21 12.4%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given Bloom, by his own admission, was shooting for a top 6 position and will end up in the bottom 5 it's an epic fail of a season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's an F from me. The season has been a total disaster from start to finish and to pretend otherwise is to put your head firmly in the sand.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't think I've seen him kick a ball this season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
F = Failed....in all the objectives the club had for this season.

Lost our 2nd manager in consecutive reasons (Oscar) and was oblivious to the reasons why (Burke).
Took an age to complete appointment and came up with Hyppia.
Left for Australia at Xmas leaving Hyppia in place and Burke in charge...1 resigned because of the other..
Appointed Hughton....1 win in 10 matches (hint hint gain).
I think we will stop there...

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
It will always be hard to criticise Mr Bloom due to the amount of money he has spent and continues to spend. However......

Ok - it was sort of last season, but to say that Garcia was not very good at communicating - who interviewed him?
This was compounded by appointing a lamppost that made Garcia seem like Kenneth Williams. Either Bloom is not doing the interviews, or he pretty poor at doing them.
Obviously recruitment has gone up the spout - but he has made an attempt to correct this.
The paranoia over FFP now looks like a smokescreen for future reliance on the academy. If it isn't, then he and Barber seriously misjudged how to play the FFP card successfully.

Dec 29, 2011
It's an F from me. The season has been a total disaster from start to finish and to pretend otherwise is to put your head firmly in the sand.

Mostly a disaster because of the players we had, right? In which case we should be blaming Burke who, before he came to Brighton, worked for Manchester City and Southampton. It's hardly like Bloom could have got anyone better to oversee scouting. When Bloom did realise Burke had majorly ****ed up he was sacked on Christmas Eve. I don't see how Bloom is to blame for that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Surprised I have the second highest mark with B+. He appointed the best player recruitment manager he could in Burke, and a decent punt in Hyypia. Neither worked out and he acted to rectify his mistakes. He only loses a grade because he left it a few weeks too late. Apart from that, all is fine for me.

He only acted to rectify his mistakes after he was put in a position to do so by Hyypia bailing himself out of a situation where the fans were starting to turn and the players were doing their utmost to get relegated!

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
D- Disastrous pre season with the managerial appointment and recruitment.
He flew to Australia with the clueless Finn still in charge and even tried to talk him round when he resigned.
It would've been an E but is excused because of his investment in the club.

As above but D for me. I dont think hes bought in the right man in Hughton, I cant see that much has changed still lose too easily to rubbish teams. Still have a manger who does not appear to know what the best team is or what formation to play so changes it every week with the same poor results. Does not seem to get the best out of any of the players, Kayal is the only positive and he is great but Im sure he plays that way and it not down to Hughton at all, Dont get me started on Leon Best!!!
They started better yesterday than in long time but got worse after his half time team talk, I though your manager was supposed to build confidence and inspire you go out and give it your best. Watford were not by any means great yesterday but for a totally stupid decision to bring the ball down on the six yard line rather than clear it cost us a point. Dont think anything will change next season after we raid L1 for lots of cheap players. I HOPE THAT I AM WRONG.. Sorry Tony D from me shocking mistakes this season.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
C-
Hyypia didn't work out well but here's to you trying.

You realised the errors of Burke and got rid of him.

The appointment of Hughton shows promise and we look forward for a manger to spend a full pre-season with the squad.

You're also Brighton through and through and certainly no Archer or Bellotti.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here